330 W Hargett - Legends block now DX-40

I’d be like “yea it is a good question, park in one of the 50 garages”

15 Likes

Guess Heather has eyes in back of head “building behind me blocking out the beauty of the blue sky” :exploding_head:

2 Likes

People want a drive thru downtown :joy: :rofl:

You get the new residences in and you will already expand your customer base without needing to worry about parking. Your new customer base will be walking right across the street.

I went to Morgan St. last Friday. Parked 2 blocks east of the food hall which was only a 4 minute walk. After that, I ended up at Boxcar which was another 1/4 mile walk. People make me laugh who can’t walk a block or two over.

11 Likes

Like it’s a downtown. Part of the fun of going to a downtown is parking somewhere and walking / exploring the area.

15 Likes

Has Cityplat ever developed anything? Or just flipped land?

2 Likes

Maybe I have spent to much time in to many major city centers. For our meetup last week I went strait to parking garage, did not even look for on street parking. Normally gets me much closer to where I want to be and do not spend lot’s of time and gas circling around looking for on street spot. I just wish more of the parking could be underground and not 6-7 floors of wasted floor space in a pretend 15 story building that is really only 9.
EDIT - And btw I did not have to walk in rain :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

6 Likes

THEN LIVE IN THE SUBURBS OR EVEN THE COUNTRY IF YOU WANT 360 DEGREE VIEWS OF BLUE SKY AND TREES, NOT A DOWNTOWN METROPOLITAN AREA. People are such f**king idiots I swear to GOD :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :triumph: :triumph: :triumph:

22 Likes

You perfectly channeled my frustration and just absolute disbelief about this whole thing. I can’t tell if I’m more irritated that there’s people this dumb and self absorbed, or that the news interviews and quotes them, like the opinion of one idiot is relevant to a new building in a city of half a million people.
:angry:

13 Likes

This is definitely a reply to an old post, but 222 Glenwood had a parking deck that is about 320’ long, and mostly about 60’ wide, except for about 100’ of it at one end that is 90’ wide where the ramps are. Smaller parking decks are totally possible and not even all that impractical or inefficient.

So weird. In the last week I’ve been in two conversations with longtime Raleigh-ites who lamented the lack of downtown parking. I guess it’s all relative to what you’re used to. Compared to when I lived in San Francisco the parking in DTR is like a luxurious Nirvana parking oasis.

10 Likes

I never have parking issue downtown. Honestly Hillsborough St is easiest for on street parking for me, but most anywhere I can find something within a block or two for free, or worst case in a garage for like 3 bucks.

15 Likes

I’m a bad gay boy who hasn’t been to Legends in like forever (hubs and I were CC’s kinda guys back in the day). But, to see this development proposal just blows my mind.

4 Likes

Same. When I go downtown, I can usually find on street parking very, very easily. Often times, I’d park and then check each space around mine to find the one with money on it still. I don’t think you can do that anymore though unfortunately.

1 Like

Nope, not since the installation of the super inconvenient cash-grab meters.

:eyes:

24 Likes

Residential, retail, restaurant, and an integrated parking deck. SOUNDS GOOD.

4 Likes

Wonder if CityPlat or Wilmorite is taking the lead (CityPlat rezoned legends, Wilmorite the adjacent parcel to the north).

If it’s CitySplat, nothing will happen for another decade. I’m starting to hate them and all their purchases and rezonings.

6 Likes

It’s an ASR, doesn’t that mean there’s real intent? I may be willing to slide CityPlat out of the gutter they currently sit in with Highwoods if they’re actually going to develop this.

And please, for the love of all things DTR, CONDOS!!!

8 Likes

More $1700 a month 1 bedroom apartments, please. /s

3 Likes