Lincoln Theater-Pope House block

If I remember correctly, the archaeological survey that was required prior to excavation/demolition through the rezoning conditions is currently underway. Once that survey is complete, the project will probably start moving forward in a more visible way.

3 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Ah it somehow looks worse. At least those old mansard roof McDonald’s have nostalgia value.

5 Likes

Can’t wait for it to be torn down in 10 years to make room for a 30 story tower. Hey, they can always occupy a retail spot on the ground floor!

11 Likes

I keep hoping that the one on the corner of Peace and Boylan goes bye bye! I don’t have anything particularly against a McDonald’s being there, I’d just rather see it as a ground floor business in a mixed use urban building.

5 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Prince Hall Historic District

Just thought I’d update that this renovated McDonald’s just opened back up. Hooray? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

We’ll need a pic from someone but looking on the bright side, it actually has a bit of an urban touch to it so I guess I’m saying it looks better than I expected?? (which expectations were way low)

3 Likes

Agreed, I’m happy that now the building interfaces with the sidewalk instead of the parking lot interfacing with the sidewalk

4 Likes

Took this from a car so it kinda sucks, but here you go.

8 Likes

Not great, but at least it’s light years better than what they built up at Peace Street

5 Likes

I can almost imagine this being incorporated into some development. Maybe just redo the siding to match the theme of the new building and voila. That being said, it still is a terrible location and a waste of space.

3 Likes

Thanks for the photo.

:man_shrugging: It’s…an improvement!?! :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

like you mentioned earlier, I think the way it address the street is much improved. Its still a chain fast food restaurant, but for what it is its not bad. High, or faint, praise! lol

What a wonderfully ugly grey and brown building :rofl:

I was actually expecting more glass. It looks like it will be ready for a total tear down in about a year or two…so sad. :disappointed:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Isn’t this property zoned up to 40-stories??? Including the side of the block with the theatre???

Nope.

7 Likes