Longleaf Hotel (former Days Inn)

How about a really cool public art piece or statue, with some nice lighting for evening hours, instead of a wasteful fountain?

3 Likes

I’d be ok with a statue in a fountain!!
But sure, some sort of fantastic art would be cool. But I don’t ever consider fountains as wasteful.

2 Likes

(a waste of water - not of space) A statue/public art piece would take the same amount of space or less, still be something cool to look at, and not be a waste of water.

1 Like

Re-circulation cuts down on the waste.
If we are worried about water, fill it with red wine!! That would attract a steady crowd!

5 Likes

True, it’s just the evaporation over time that makes it wasteful (though not super terrible). But a red wine fountain now THAT I can get behind. We’d have America’s #1 tourist attraction.

2 Likes

18 posts were split to a new topic: Public Art in Raleigh

The article mentions the deli opening in spring 2021. That’s quite the wait!

https://abc11.com/amp/5873973/

Some pictures of Longleaf lounge and current bar and food menu that will expand

11 Likes

Sorry to be negative, but that’s a very poor beer selection.

That Fonta Flora Pine Zips is a good one!

1 Like

For $7 for a bottle / can, I hope it is.

I like Trophy Wife. Just saying overall I think they could have done better with the local choices we have in the same square mile.

Looks like they could us a water feature out there to drown out some of the traffic noise. :fountain:

1 Like

Fonta is awesome. I bring a growler and stop every time I driving from Ashville to Raleigh. Also running the 50k they sponsor in March…all runners should consider it (they have a 1/2 marathon option too). Anyway, it’s nice to see them on a tap list.

2 Likes

Well I’ll have to walk over next week and try one.

1 Like

I’ll go with ya. :beers:

Let’s roll. Are you actually in town? Anyone else want to join us? I’m pretty open next week. Let’s support these folks.

1 Like

Yeah, top of my list…intrigued by the whole space now…

Yup! Got home today and home all weekend! Have a ton of work to do but I bet they have WiFi. :wink:

Pick a day…Sunday+

1 Like

I could do Sunday…

1 Like