- Meetup Events -

If you look closely, you can see him in the background…

Oh wait, that’s Homer Simpson!

1 Like

I am so sad I keep missing these. Will put in some effort to get the next one on my calendar.

4 Likes

Woo! I’ll be at the next one. :grinning:

2 Likes

So will we. Sorry we had to miss this one. At least we had a good excuse (trip to cool cities in the Northeast, got engaged in NYC).

25 Likes

Wow. Congratulations @GucciLittlePig and @GucciLittlePenguin! That’s awesome news.

2 Likes

I wana see the GucciRing! When and where’s the GucciWedding going to be??

And GucciGrats!!! :thinking:
I’ll stick with congrats on this one…

9 Likes

Trying to book the Fairweather… Know anyone who lives there who wants to host 50 of my closest friends and relatives?

3 Likes

I might. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Let’s get our August (12th) meet-up location determined. I was going to take the runner-up and 3rd place locations from last month but Element, Halcyon, and Peace+Saint had equal votes, so I’ll use those 3 and add Killjoy. Vote below or if you have a strong opinion for a location not listed, pls speak up!

I think moving forward I’ll take the 2nd and 3rd most votes and recycle to the next month’s voting and add 2 new locations. So, vote for locations you want to go to as that will help them carry on to the next month if they aren’t the most voted. The least voted location will drop off. Suggestions for new locations after this post will influence the new options for next month’s meet-up.

August Meet Up
  • Peace + Saint (St. Mary’s St.)
  • Halcyon (Jones St.)
  • Element Gastropub (Fayetteville St.)
  • Killjoy (West St.)

0 voters

1 Like

I’m going to go ahead and suggest adding the Heights House “Parlor” bar for the September meet-up. It doesn’t officially open until August 22nd, so not in time for the August meet-up. Pls click the thumbs up emoji reaction if you want to see this on the next poll.

If you have Facebook, click below for a video of The Parlor that Offline Raleigh put together.

5 Likes

I’m really excited to have an excuse to check out the inside of Heights House, and them having a bar is that perfect excuse!

2 Likes

Yeah, jealous I am not going to be at this one.

1 Like

Just got an ad on FB that this is coming to “Raleigh”. But there’s no details to be found other than it’s happening in September. This would be a real cool event at Dorothea Dix.

www.theballoonglowtour.com.

Also do we have a thread to discuss events happening downtown or nearby? Was looking for one to share this.

3 Likes

Nope. No thread for this really. We mention things to do, like evergreen activities, here and there but not calendar events.

I’m indifferent to a thread like this so if anyone wants to start one, be my guest.

Killjoy it is! I’ll update the official MeetUp event (linked in the post I’m replying to) and Halcyon will come off next month’s poll options.
Mark your calendars for August 12th at 5:30p at Killjoy on West St.!

6 Likes

Sorry but I’ll have to miss this one as I’ll be on the road. Cheers.

1 Like

How late are we going on Thursday? I have a meeting from 6-7, but can come straight afterward.

Kim and I have reservations at O-Ku at 8:30, so the party stops then (obviously)…

:laughing:

1 Like

Come on over after your meeting. It’s a short walk for ya. :grin:

3 Likes

I should be there by 6:30!

1 Like