- Meetup Events -

The leaves are stunning, but falling fast.

I’m in Ashe County, near Lansing.

8 Likes

Don’t forget about the walking photo tour today!

3 Likes

Posting a few from today before I forget!

22 Likes

So glad you joined us Other Mike!!

2 Likes

Someone stuck their pretty head in the middle of my perfectly good picture…

11 Likes

21 Likes

@dtraleigh that doesn’t look like your pole

1 Like

The Nov meet up has been announced!

7 Likes

Hmm, I’m sure you had nothing to do with picking the location. I know you hate going there :rofl:

Actually nothing to do with it, unless @dtraleigh picked it for me which I don’t expect. :joy:

Let’s wrap up 2022 at Landmark Tavern. See you then.

8 Likes

Can we start going to more Instagrammable venues in 2023, like Botanical and the selfie museum? I have literally tens of followers who rely on my content to get through their mundane lives.

1 Like

Reminder that this is tonight!

6 Likes

I haven’t been to Circa 1888 in awhile so can you meet me there for our January Meetup? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Unfortunately don’t know if I’m gonna make it.

February meetup just posted.

11 Likes

I’ll see you at State of Beer next week. :beers:

7 Likes

And they even have food, so we won’t have to go out for Gucci Sushi Night afterwards!

4 Likes

Hi all,

I’m watching the council meeting from yesterday evening. The “neighborhood associations” and “concerned citizen” groups are very well organized and are showing up in numbers to NIMBY everything into further study, compromise, delay, and denial.

One in particular from last night was rezoning case Z-55-22 Johnson St - the 2 acres on Johnson St. between St. Mary’s and Boylan. Their current request is 12 stories on Boylan, 5 stories on St. Marys, with a active use condition fully wrapping all sides of the building, with a concession on bars/nightclubs on the St. Marys side, including no outdoor dining, with 240 additional residential units above current zoning. The “Forest Park” folks showed up and asked for the 12 story portion to go down to 8 (because…character? shadows?) which would eliminate over 100 dwelling units from the proposal, which I’m sure absolutely kills or severely dents the Pro Forma of the project.

Council deferred it to next meeting April 4th.

I propose a meetup at this council meeting to speak in favor of the applicant’s proposal, and any other rezonings that are on the agenda. All we need is attendance, and 1 spokesperson to go up and speak in favor of the project and ask for all citizens in the room who are in favor to stand. It will go a long way with council in giving them courage to vote in favor of projects if there are smiling faces in the room agreeing with them.

Who’s with me?

19 Likes

It is always those that are against that show up…and so it is easier to give them what they want. Most people either don’t care or are in favor but they don’t tell the Council this. I’ve found it helpful to also do emails to the Council. Some people may want to do that too.

12 Likes