- Meetup Events -

We had a pretty good crowd for the photo walk, between the message board, Code for the Carolinas, and others.

Shout out to @GucciLittlePenguin for filling in for Leo, MCing the event, remembering the route, and being an all around cool kid.

We even saw @JonathanMelton at the end at Transfer, even if no one wanted to bother him on his day off to say hi.

Anyways here a few pictures I took.

Also took one of the former BoltCave.

22 Likes

Glad it worked out. Thanks for leading the charge. Hey, I’ll do the next one. :grin:

5 Likes

Hopefully can it be in the evening not a morning guy.

Say hi next time! Glad y’all had a good time. I was likely in between kickball games (we play at Chavis Park) and enjoying a drink and a bagel (first time I’ve seen Benchwarmers without a line, I think I got it right before they closed for the day).

11 Likes

We almost did! It was like “did you talk to him?” sort of thing where everyone decided on their own that we’d leave you alone.

1 Like

I actually think I might do my next office hours at Transfer Co. So we can use that as a good opportunity for a redo! I’ll send more details when I’ve confirmed.

15 Likes

Where y’all going???

Leave late June to move to Key West for a year. I’ll be very dependent on the forum to keep up with things going on around town but we’ll be back in Raleigh mid 2024!

8 Likes

Leaving the shadows of Raleigh’s rising towers for sunny FL? Don’t blame you!

1 Like

Need less shadows, cars, reflections, rude Livable Raleigh people.
More trees, sun, mopeds and bikes.
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :bike: :beach_umbrella:

3 Likes

Good for y’all, Key West is a blast

@OakCityKarla spent a good amount of time down there as a younger human and even lived there for a couple of years and still has friends that live there, so we’re practically locals. :joy:

If anyone comes down over the next year, hit me up!

4 Likes

23 Likes

June Meetup is posted.

https://www.meetup.com/dtraleigh-community/events/293859889/

6 Likes

Did they win because of their proud displaying of our new flag?
:clap:

2 Likes

I mean, you are a winner if you open a business in downtown as far as I’m concerned. :grimacing:

8 Likes

Lol. Well I meant they won the prize that is our meetup group showing up at their place. Lol

2 Likes

5:30 at The Darby tonight. It’s going to be a smokin’ good time.

4 Likes

What’s apparently smokin’ is the plane I was supposed to be on to get back to Raleigh in time for the meet up. So, you guys have fun. I’m stuck at the airport in Orlando.

Walking out the door in 5. I should be there by 6: walking of course but from the opposite side of downtown.