- Meetup Events -

Always nice to see everyone!

4 Likes

Ah damn I would’ve been there yesterday but I was driving back from Texas.

Seeing the freeway monstrosities TXDOT has built there really makes me appreciate how relatively tempered NCDOT is when it comes to building urban freeways.

1 Like

Great crew of regulars there indeed. We’re always pulling in newcomers too.

14 Likes

One of these days I’ll be back in Raleigh the same time there is a meet-up. I had a great time the one/two I’ve went to. Hey to everyone!!

4 Likes

Hated to miss (again). Headed up north for back to back races this weekend. But I did check off two new states on my road to 50. WOOHOO!!

Quick summary: Boston traffic sucks (Friday mid day). Portland Maine is incredible. Don’t run a half marathon in rural Vermont unless you have a really good sense of direction and sunscreen. Boston traffic still sucks (Monday morning). :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

On our visit to Portland, Maine, we too thought it was pretty cool. I need to make my way back there some time. See you next month. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Boston’s fun, but driving anywhere nearby was awful 15 years ago. I can’t imagine it’s better now. My trip to rural VT a few years ago, everything looked beautiful but smelled like :cow: :poop: Even Burlington.
Portland is definitely cool. I found out about it after I moved away LOL.

At least you got to cross off some good states. All I mostly have left is like Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, etc.

4 Likes

I’ll check off New Hampshire this fall, which will finish the East Coast, and Louisiana in January. Still have a way to go, but Maine was State #30 and Vermont was #31.

Definitely saw more :cow2: than :walking_man: :walking_woman: in Vermont.

2 Likes

I went to Vermont in the winter after a big snowfall - everything looked gorgeous, walked out onto Lake Champlain, smelled nice. Brutally cold, definitely made the awesome beers feel earned.

2 Likes

Love seeing more people outside of New England discover how great Portland is. When I was a kid most of the tourists were from Mass. Granted, it’s changed a lot since then.

4 Likes

It’s almost time for another one of these. Where are we going this time?

I just picked Crank Arm.

8 Likes

That’s not a rooftop but I’ll allow it.

Tenth and Terrace in August?

4 Likes

Man imagine having 2 downtown nerd events competing for your presence on the same night!
Is this what being cool is like? :laughing:

2 Likes

I noticed there will be an event at Crank Arm so this should be extra funner than usual.

6 Likes

Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight.

3 Likes

Yes! I kept forgetting to post here but I’m looking forward to some beers later.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to both beers and seeing everyone.

Have fun. I’m back in Miami. See you in September.

1 Like