Moore Square

And we’re going to have leave it there folks. Make sure and tune in next week. :smiley:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 34 hours.

World Cup watch party at Moore Square.

23 Likes

I’m about to walk down. If anyone is there, lmk and say hi!

2 Likes

How were the crowds? The new outdoor display nice?

1 Like

Crowd was just beginning to assemble in the photo above. But pretty much filled the grassed area by the time I left (sorry no photo) with Argentina up 1-0. Could not see the new hi-def screen from my balcony.

9 Likes

32 Likes

The screen is surprisingly clear even with the crowd basically facing the sun and the audio is clear. It’s a nice screen and I hope they bring it out often.

14 Likes

Woah great turn out. Been directing some COD eSport event goers to stop by since many of them are below 21 drinking age.

Pop-up Carolinas shared a post on Instagram: "What a turnout this morning for France Vs. Argentina in the World Cup Final at Moore Square despite the cold! We loveee seeing the community come together like this ❤️. Who were you rooting for? 📣 

Event...

21 Likes

Quite the game, too!
I’m sadly watching at home because mornings are early.

6 Likes

Great experience and crowd today. Felt like a big city park

23 Likes

March Madness in March perhaps???

Stanley Cup?

10 Likes

Oh man I’d love to watch a State game in the park (but probably they’d either have to pay a ton or wouldn’t be allowed…)

1 Like

As little as I care about hockey (probably about the same as I don’t care about soccer lmao) - I would absolutely love to watch a Stanley Cup final with our Hurricanes in Moore Sq

11 Likes

Don’t think I’ve seen the actual proposals dropped in here yet. Was just perusing the internet to see if any more information dropped, and was able to find the actual proposals online. Let me know if this was already discussed somewhere else. So far, I’ve only seen the information limited slideshow:

Currently at work, so I haven’t been able to dig too much into it. But, Moore Square Commons has a lot of cool concepts I haven’t seen so far. A themed karaoke and flips and dips join run by the Garland team, some stuff about activating Person Street with art, and more.

Some construction timelines as well. Looks like the City Market side will have a head start.

2023-01-25_14-32-54

17 Likes

Great find! The city hadn’t previously shared the direct proposals. Nice additional detail and context for the loden vision. I’m into it.

Also interesting to see cheetie and paul’s names so strongly attached. Makes a little more sense given their recent moves with garland, neptunes, and kings.

1 Like

Sunk my teeth into both of them yesterday. A lot of new content was included that I wasn’t previously aware of. The most exciting thing here is probably the building plans that show where everything is going to be:

30 Likes

Eh on the City Market plans. I would have put the parking underground and created a cozy and cute courtyard in the middle that is connected to the rest of City Market via that one aisle way in the middle.

This project doesn’t create any potential for a Third Place environment.

edit But I guess it’s better than nothing.