Moore Square

Rooftop dining/bar!! :100:

13 Likes

Looks like the rooftop bar/restaurant is going to be connected to a very high-end hotel:

A 135-key hotel, totaling 96,840 square feet, will help address the ongoing demand for additional hotel rooms in the heart of Downtown Raleigh and activate the Moore Square area by attracting a steady influx of visitors. The hotel category will be “upper upscale” — encompassing brands such as Hilton Canopy, Kimpton, Renaissance, Thompson, Ace Hotel, Freehand and The LINE.

13 Likes

lmao… when the hell is this eyesore going to be sold and rezoned?? (this is the KILLO PEST CONTROL dilapidated garage)

9 Likes

Very good looking. And the 2nd view with Vela as well will add a ton of activity around Moore Square and East Downtown.

33 Likes

Oh that’s attractive! They didn’t lard it up with random colored panels and nonsense. Just a nice modernist tower.

Only hangup is the smaller tower looks like a pretty dull grey. Hopefully the material comes out better in real life.

4 Likes

Check that - too much going on too fast, LoLs - Killo isn’t labeled for its future use here…?
I was confusing that with the old Esso postage stamp building that was previously going to be a taco joint and now seems like it might be a ‘flips and dips’ joint by Paul / Cheetie - ‘Country Good, City Quick’ - see the first floor plans above

3 Likes

An Ace here would be a coup, although recent consolidation may play into that outcome…

1 Like

Wow 2 Kimptons downtown! LOL

lOL. We also will have a record snowfall this summer.

2 Likes

The city should buy it and make it a smaller portion of the park :man_shrugging:t4: with a fountain and mini garden

2 Likes

It’s a neat little garage under all the grunge and graffiti. A lot of potential facing the park, especially for a food or retail spot. It and the old gas station catty-corner to it are a fun nod to the early auto era. The single-story red brick building next to doesn’t have much redeeming value, though.

6 Likes

I’m sure the final hotel design is going to be dependent on the brand of the hotel. I’m hoping that it’ll end up being a Hilton Canopy.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this on any sort of construction plans before :laughing:

1 Like

That’s where they’re relocating the Visitor Center for Moore Square.

7 Likes

Oh hell yeah that’d make such a funky space for a karaoke bar!!! And then they could repurpose the old Killo garage+ office as the Moore Sq Park welcome center!!!

Does anyone remember Rum Runners? That was a good time for City Market

7 Likes

The tiny ground floor artist studios opening directly to the sidewalk is a cool touch too. (and luckily they had room for 10 spaces! 1 for each letter!!)

22 Likes

Weren’t they only open in the evening, though?

Yea they wouldn’t open until 6pm

I lost count how many birthday parties I was dragged to at that place. Just to see the girls get roasted by the piano player every single time :laughing:

2 Likes