Moore Square

I am excited to see this project take shape and I hope the timeline holds.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll just let the comments come inā€¦
:popcorn:
:nut_and_bolt:

1 Like

Canā€™t have nice things. Cary will build their new
Downtown park, will be spectacular without the social drama. A townhome in downtown Cary would yield a higher quality of life and long term a higher return on investment .

Dude - The only thing you post is constantly ranting about how much better Pittsboro, Cary, etc are compared to Raleigh, on a DTR site. I think a lot of it is probably in jest, but your shtick is getting old, really.

11 Likes

The good, the bad, the ugly . Words about places not people. Points and counterpoints. Good 2 way discussions.

3 Likes

So, whereā€™s the good? :wink:

3 Likes

According to ABC11, stabbed by a ā€œsharp objectā€ and brought to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Classic WRAL leaving the object out of it.

4 Likes

It was an icicle, so the weapon has melted. The perfect crime

1 Like

Cary has the best parks. So new, so clean, only the greatest designs and cleanliness to make Cary the greatest place to live in the world. With your help weā€™re going to make every place like Cary!

2 Likes

Actually, Cary does have good parks, sans ā€œsharp objectā€ issues. I would think everyone would want to have safe parks. This is certainly not the first time Moore Square has had violence problems.

6 Likes

I was thinking the sharp edge of a broken plastic cup or someoneā€™s house key.

The problem with Cary parks are the people. Almost saw several fights break out in my years working there when Iā€™d go to the parks during or after work. Not the violent type, but screaming over sports-related issues, particularly around tennis and beach volleyball. Havenā€™t seen that at Raleigh parks, except for the people that come over the line to play at Method in pickleball and get edgy. You would think the retirees and wealthier set would be a little more chill, but thereā€™s a bigger sense of entitlement it seems. Iā€™m sure basketball courts may differ though.

Similarly, Apex Central Park has lovely tennis courts but itā€™s also almost an hour wait at most good times. Worthdale in Raleigh isnā€™t as nice but at least I can actually get on the court and play tennis when I want to.

Caught these signs the other day. Looks like the may be prepping Moore Square for more plants? My picture doesnā€™t show it, but these signs were over the non-flower parts of Moore Square too

4 Likes

Adding this to Moore Square as well since I canā€™t seem to find a topic for it. Looks like the pulled the wood off the Hamlin Drug building and thereā€™s a leasing sign on it.

Theyā€™ll probably want to clean up the outside a lot more before trying to lease it. This particular place smells very not good for reasons.

5 Likes

Sheesh, yeah. That could be such a neat 50/60s timewarp space, but it needs a whole lot of love.

5 Likes

I LOVE this space and really hope once something finally occupies this building that they keep some of the current style.

7 Likes

@xdavidj Okay, now we can worry.

5 Likes

City Council to discuss what to do with Moore Square today.

Spent millions redoing the park & have allowed the homeless to ruin it.

Stop letting every bleeding heart show up & feed them would be a good startā€¦ā€¦sounds harsh but we literally spent millions as taxpayers just a few years agoā€¦.& now its full of water bottles, trash & people just laying aroundā€¦.all day

12 Likes

What did they expect with the Raleigh Rescue Mission and the Salvation Army literally the next block over?

1 Like