Nash Square Apartments at Dawson/Martin

So. Much. Surface. Parking. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

So. Much. Development. Opportunity. :wink:

7 Likes

The Springhill Suites at Nash Square plans to begin construction in February

11 Likes

That’s great news! That was one of those that I didn’t really believe until I see it. Still don’t see it but that’s positive news!

Is that this one?

11 Likes

Yes that’s the one I was talking about.

All the businesses that were located on this property have now moved, so demolition could start whenever they get permits.

5 Likes

After 90 years, one of Raleigh’s most famous oak trees is coming down today at Nash Square on Martin Street, just across the street from where the new hotel will be.

Would anybody in the community be able to get some photos of the tree’s final send-off?

1 Like

No current photos, but here’s one for posterity:

R.I.P. :deciduous_tree:

4 Likes

From a week ago or so:

3 Likes

From Raleighnc.gov

2 Likes

They’re giving out tree slices now if you politely ask.

3 Likes

Damn. I just had a big lunch.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I was on a run about an hour ago and saw it so snapped some pics. Sorry did not take time to frame it well

Where? How? I was just in the park a few minutes ago, and everything was roped off a wide distance around the tree.

I asked the guys with the chainsaws.

4 Likes

That’s cool!

I bet some artist/craftsman could have made an interesting wooden statue like outside Cotton House in Cary or some tables or whatever from this and kept its memory alive. If the City had thought to set that up. Which of course they did not

I got my piece! Thanks!

Also, we got stopped by a WRAL reporter, so I may be on TV tonight speaking contemporaneously about a tree. That’ll be great, I’m sure.

4 Likes

@daviddonovan did you use your 15 seconds of fame to talk about the local elections ? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like