Nash Square Apartments at Dawson/Martin

Dang. I’d have loved one and walked through Nash around 2pm. Also, I saw two other slices on IG so I am especially sad I didn’t get one :/.

Nash Square Hotel should get permits soon .

18 Likes

Nice! I think this is a 10 story.
Always good to have another 10+ move into the construction column.

6 Likes

I just walked by there this week and was struck by how unattractive it has become but how amazing a nice looking new hotel would be. And was wondering what happened with that plan…well, here we go!

9 Likes

Has this project started yet? This thread has been dead since 2018?

1 Like

October this year. @nipper.dwight said permits should have been issued “soon” as of Oct 18.

2 Likes

I will recheck with my friend about this project next week . He has just got married & may not be a good time .

3 Likes

This is more important! :grin:

1 Like

Whoops :grimacing:, I mis read the post as 2018 and was surprised, thanks for the clarification

3 Likes

My good friend is looking into the status of this project . Tomorrow , city council will give the public the opportunity to speak their opinion on the unlimited feet height for projects .

8 Likes

Building Permits not issued yet . Construction Drawings SPR-0101 - 2019 are in process & has to be finish before building permits can be issued .

1 Like

There’s a good bit of underground work going on this site and has been for a few months. My guess is moving underground utilities. Pike electric has several vehicles and equipment over there. Can’t miss the backhoes & multiple utility trucks…or torn up underground running towards the park.

5 Likes

They are installing the construction fencing today for the Nash square hotel. I’m sure demolition is soon to follow.

19 Likes

Another parking lot?

1 Like

I almost confused this project with “The Nash” condos of the N&O site… :wink:

1 Like

Are the adjoining buildings going to be demolished or will it be only part of the block?

More fencing added today. If this hotel along with the adjacent corner hotel actually start construction, this will become a very different block in a couple years

17 Likes

I had to see this with my own eyes! And look, they got the graffiti up already!

This is a good size parcel!

17 Likes

The Berkeley isn’t part of this I hope.

4 Likes

Would be nice if we were able to keep sidewalks (or some sort of pedestrian path) open. Other cities are able to do it some how.

1 Like