NCAE "block" - Salisbury Square

Or Dix maybe? That might be too far away without some zoom

That’s what the gondola from X to Dix will be useful for as well.
:slight_smile:

EDIT: Bringing this back to this thread topic. What about the Gateway property as the downtown proper loading/unloading? Walkable access to lots of parking!

5 Likes

Probably be a nice view from the top floor of Peace or SH2 office tower. SH3 might even be better with a taller tower.

2 Likes

Would love to see one of the new buildings offer a nice public rooftop bar with skyline views. Raleigh is lacking a good outdoor rooftop bar.

1 Like

yeah, downtown durham smokes downtown raleigh’s rooftop bar scene. The Unscripted and the Durham Hotel both have amazing rooftop views.

2 Likes

The Willard looks to have a rooftop deck in the design, should have a nice DT view when completed. Though I’m guessing it’s only open for hotel guests. Hopefully I’m wrong!

2 Likes

I’ve been to rooftop hotel bars from Paris to Havana to Charlotte and none are only for hotel guests. Also Raleigh has the Residence Inn, soon Luang Pranang on top of the Dillon, and Level7 at the top of the AC hotel in North Hills. I think we hold our own against Durham, especially since their one main rooftop bar is in the middle of a dead zone (love the place, just saying the view isn’t that good).

7 Likes

Great website, now imagine site 2 & 3 RCC Hotel and Tower next to this Project. would fill in well with DTR.

3 Likes

I can’t wait for two skyscrapers to be built in the two parking lots in front of the performance arts center. I really hope we get that 40 story office building and hotel

2 Likes

This is off topic but I really feel like skyhouse should build an identical building on the lot beside the current building.

5 Likes

I think that’s been mentioned in here before. I think they’ve done this in Houston and CLT is pretty much next door. Totally agree!

3 Likes

In all honesty, I would super super not want an identical Skyhouse built anywhere in the city. Not only is it not the most architecturally pleasing building as is with all the exposed concrete all the way up to the top, but it’s essentially identical to the Skyhouse apt towers built all over the US. Nothing unique or interesting about that!

6 Likes

I agree. I think it would look absurd to have two of the same buildings, especially kind of ugly buildings, next to each other. Even good-looking buildings would seem weird. Could you imagine the Chrysler Building in NY having a copy on the same block? It would be different if it was 2 related projects, like the two buildings of Charter Square.

1 Like

Exactly. Have you seen the two Charlotte Skyhouses? Both ugly :heavy_check_mark: Both squat and boxy :heavy_check_mark: and one MASSIVE parking deck between them :heavy_check_mark:
NO THANKS lmao

2 Likes

Now, if we could have had the identical Edison towers instead… sigh…
https://dtraleigh.com/tag/the-edison/

3 Likes

Just thinking, but couldn’t the Edison Towers be revised over, just an idea.

The Planning Commission has a big agenda concerning Gateway South for next Tuesday April 28th .

7 Likes

Ok how do you contact the planning commission.

2 Likes

Go to raleighnc.gov web page . Click on council meetings & you should see listed Planning Commissioners April 28 Meeting . The city sent me a email concerning this meeting . Hope this helps .

1 Like

This is the item:

9 Likes