NCAE "block" - Salisbury Square

Getting off topic, but best skyline views are Transfer patio, Boylan Bridge, and Chavis Park. Add an observation tower at the last one and easily becomes most ‘instagrammed’ site in Raleigh.

9 Likes

Continuing the off-topic, but tying in to your Chavis Park comment.

6 Likes

Transfer Patio view is basically my bedroom view ATM. It’s real nice. I hope to get a house one day with a similar view.

1 Like

Very nice, indeed! Thank you!

Now, how is anybody going to see that view in the future without having a flying car or individual drone? Lol :thinking: :joy:

2 Likes

I thought that was Charlotte for a second.

Speaking of bedroom views. If they would just finally build the grocery store so that mud hole will disappear.

29 Likes

That means our city is a big city.

1 Like

Ha Ha…NO…lol :joy:
Former Mayor Meeker said just as he left office, IHO, that Raleigh is finally becoming a “mid-sized” city. And I would have to agree. My opinion of course…Lol :wink::blush:

1 Like

Well it’s been a totally different decade since he left were at 500,000k + people and we probably will maybe be at 600,000 which is Seattle’s range bug city.

3 Likes

Is that a reference to Raleigh in the summer :rofl:

1 Like

Possibly. Doesn’t sound weird at DPAC so was thinking along those lines.

Another rendering: from here (JDavis website)

22 Likes

What an amazing addition to the Boylan DTR skyline! I prefer this over the Dillon to be honest as it’s set back and extends the southern view. The Dillon mostly just blocked the north Fayetteville skyline. That said, I like the Dillon, maybe just a bit less in this context.

Go away Coronavirus so we can get back to our incredible momentum in Raleigh!

9 Likes

Kane’s Cabarrus project with the two 5-story office buildings and residential would help extend the skyline even more to the south from this view. And also help with adding some more buildings to the foreground so Dillon doesn’t stick out so much?

1 Like

From this particular view the Kane/Cabarrus project will barely peak out but yeah, should add something. RUSBUS will definitely impact the view, probably blocking Wells Fargo and most of the Dillon. But back to the topic I guess. I do love this rendering and fingers crossed we’ll see it come to fruition.

3 Likes

Once RUSBus is built, a new angle for a full dt shot will be needed because RUSBus will block most of The Dillon & the entire Wells Fargo tower in this shot.

2 Likes

And CAM redevelopment would block the rest.

3 Likes

I think this will be a good problem to have. :wink:

5 Likes

There’s an echo in here.
:ear:t3:

Wow, I totally flopped on that one. The CAM Block would have a massive impact to this view. To @John’s point, Boylan will cease to be the “best view in town”. I’d suggest we establish a viewing tower at Chavis Park for this shot.

Although the view from the NCAE block should be pretty impressive as well.

9 Likes