NCAE "block" - Salisbury Square

You can see the grading going down MLK. After a big rain there was a ton of loose dirt runoff into the road. Hope we see some vertical action soon!

1 Like

Lots of action today, I was even run out of the way by a flatbed carrying lumber.

4 Likes

I walked by today and took some photos of the ongoing demolition.

41 Likes

Sorry if I missed it - what exactly is being built at the Gateway site? Do we have renders of the housing project?

Niko if you keep scrolling up you will see renderings of the project.

2 Likes

Has the Salisbury square broken ground

12 Likes

I’m confused on what’s going here now, I thought this was the site that the two 20 story towers were going with one of them being the Dogwood Bank tower. Is that a different location?

1 Like

From @maverick333 's post above - the building in the renderings above will go south of this development if I recall correctly:

8 Likes

I saw @JKK’s post and I had to do a double take. Thanks for clarifying!

Nooo there’s just demolition…

1 Like

The uniform white-cladding with minor touches of color (yellow!) are actually a welcome change to the usual 5-over-1 apartments that have like 30 different siding styles.

2 Likes

No offense but why even type something in response when if you do scroll up to look for the renderings, the first ones you see is the 10 floor school…

1 Like

Don’t think he meant any harm by that. Truth be told, it is difficult to find old photos that have been posted, so that’s really the only advice anyone can give re: finding a rendering that was shared a while back. @dtraleigh I know it’s been discussed but wonder if there’s some feature that can be implemented to “pin” a post within a discussion thread that can be easily accessed? So that when renders and subsequent updated designs are posted, we can quickly go back and view them without scrolling? I know there’s a “bookmark” option but that requires each person bookmarking any/every render that gets posted. Wonder if there’s a possibility of bookmarking specific posts site-wide that any user can access? Idk if I’m explaining in a way that isn’t super confusing and dumb…

4 Likes

@dtraleigh Would it be helpful to have a Renderings (only) thread in the forum? No discussion, just a library of renderings as sites evolve…

10 Likes

I imagine it would eventually end up with the same issue of having to scroll around to find exactly what you’re looking for

2 Likes

Not a bad idea. I think what would work is if in the right sidebar, there was a “top posts” section and it could be the top 5 most hearted posts. Let me see if that exists, some static links in the sidebar could be useful.

9 Likes

If I responded with a barf emoji - its probably the most recent proposal. You could have section with posts that I barfed.

6 Likes

Is there anyway to do a “pinned” post on each thread?

Not within a thread/topic. I can pin threads on the main page.