Oak City from Above! (aerial picture requests)

Holly Springs is boundary limited. But I have suggested on here before that I think FV will eventually become our 4th largest city.

2 Likes

@dtraleigh, do we have a more appropriate topic for the 540 discussion outside of the original few posts about aerial shots?

Are you saying that Holly Springs is boundary limited because they are between Apex and FV? Even so, thereā€™s still quite a bit of developable land around Holly Springs. Also, wonā€™t sections nearest HS be opened first, providing HS an igniter for growth? Thereā€™s very little stopping FV expanding eastward, and I can totally see your prediction coming true. It could become another Cary.

2 Likes

Essentially Holly Springs is already landlocked and cannot go westward currently due to the Shearon Harris and the land that they own. Fuquay Varina has vastly more future potential. What you are talking about is more near term. Currently FV is only about 7 thousand behind Holly Springs and have been beating HS in the annexation game in a big way the past several years.

Not really. Can start a new one if that will topic will keep going for a bit.

Outbound Wade Ave heading towards the airport will be a bridge over the beltline that merges with traffic coming off of US 1 north and then drops back down to ground level before the Blue Ridge exitā€¦ Inbound Wade Ave will be at ground level, going under the beltlineā€¦ the new exit from inbound Wade to US 1 North will split off from the left and go under the new Outbound Wade bridge.

3 Likes

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/traffic/article230002909.html

Thereā€™s an aerial video embedded in this story that shows the interchange. Frankly, I donā€™t know what I think of west bound Wade ā€œexitingā€ to stay on west bound Wade. Will there now be a clog at north bound 440/west bound Wade, and west bound Wade?

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t worry too much about a clog. Westbound Wade traffic doesnā€™t actually exit to stay on WB Wade, the entire roadway is simply being lifted up above the entire interchange and WB Wade drivers donā€™t have to merge or anything. The amount of cars in queue at WB Wade from the inner beltline exit is quite low, which is why they abandoned the original cloverleaf ramp some 30 years ago. In fact, placement of the stoplight (same kind of light that was there for dinner beltline traffic headed WB on Wade) will not have to cross inbound Wade traffic, making the whole area flow more freely. This type of interchange is completely new to any road in NC so it will look funny at first, but the flow should be light years ahead of what we have now

2 Likes

With its configuration now, either traffic from westbound Wade OR Beltline north>westbound Wade, access westbound Wade beyond the Beltline. They will be accessing westbound Wade simultaneously in the future. I think that itā€™s a valid concern as the city grows. At least the question should be asked. Certainly I am open to seeing the actual data that allays the concern.