Oak City from Above! (aerial picture requests)

Yesterday I was out taking aerial shots of downtown, mostly construction progress and I found myself wanting to reach out to the collective forum to ask if there were any particular shots/angles/projects you might want images of. I’m starting this topic as a way for the group to request shots and I’ll periodically head out on the town and grab what I’m able to (legally). Of course if anybody else wants to contribute to requests, please feel free! Consider this a bulletin board of picture requests.

11 Likes

So no shots of inside the prison or the airport? :grin:

1 Like

I can’t show those. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

We all see the “Money Shot” approaching DTR from the south/southwest… I would like to see more pics from the East/Southeast of DTR. I think that angle shows more density as a whole.

8 Likes

It’d be great to keep a couple shoots from the Northeast side of town as well. I want to see if the shadows are really being cast on Oakwood. :nerd_face:

9 Likes

Thanks for taking shots of Glenwood South. Hope to get them up on our video projector soon.

2 Likes

Seaboard Station “before project” shots.

2 Likes

NCSU campus has some nice density. I like the angle starting from the Stanhope project back toward downtown. There’s several 10+ story buildings out there.

6 Likes

Responding to my own reminder for Seaboard pics: William Peace and Seaboard Station - #318 by OakCityDylan

1 Like

Here are your northeast shadow shots, @pBeez! :rofl:

Pictures of Downtown Raleigh - #717 by OakCityDylan

3 Likes

I may have found your new money shot from Chavis Park but I also got a few from south/east streets. See below.

3 Likes

Here are your NCSU-angle DTR shots! Hope you like!

4 Likes

WOW those are some ground breaking vantages! The density around NCSU is intense! Isn’t that the largest college in North Carolina? And that’s not including the sports / vets / Centennial campuses.

The shot with the train tracks down the middle of the NCSU campus in 2020 is just mind boggling. Some day high speed transit will be along a corridor like this.
Thanks @OakCityDylan for the artistic dronage action!

5 Likes

I tried a short hyperlapse as well.

10 Likes

Fantastic man! Thanks!

3 Likes

Oh, we so need a video traveling down Hillsborough from Meredith to the Capitol!

6 Likes

I can do that better with a fresh battery, warmer weather and maybe not so close to sunset. :slight_smile:

I’d like to do the same coming down Glenwood, Capital (southbound) as well as the “money shot” coming in from the south. I’ll bookmark this for my next outing.

13 Likes

I’m actually going to be in town this coming weekend and it looks like nice weather. If there are any requests for pics around DTR, comment below and I’ll bookmark the post so it’s in the queue.

Just around sunrise from Chavis Way trail near Transfer Company. 35.775959, -78.631295

2 Likes

Saw a guy with a drone taking pictures by your place yesterday and thought it might be you. It was not.