Olde East Neighborhood

Missed this back in July. If I’m not mistaken this fire station will replace the existing one by City Cemetery.

https://community.dtraleigh.com/t/the-raleigh-wire-service/748/1925?u=bartonfj

3 Likes

Anyone want a very old church on East Hargett?

6 Likes

Buyer beware. I know the owner of one of these old churches and he had to go through Hell (pun intended) to even try to convert it to a new use because the former congregants wanted to make sure that it was honored for its past, even though the congregation moved onto another location. My advice to its buyer is to tear it down.

2 Likes

Yeah, if I bought it, I’d knock it down accidentally before the ink was dry.

2 Likes

We need an emoji of Miley Cyrus on her wrecking ball.

I have the internets

2 Likes

For only $650,000 it could be all yours!

1 Like

It’s not difficult to imagine 4 row houses on this parcel. With the asking price of the property, that divides out reasonably. It would need to be rezoned though.

1 Like

I’m having trouble imagining it. The parcel is very small for 4 townhomes. I can see 2 without parking though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I google mapped and measured it. It looks like it can fit 4, 16x40 footprint townhouses.

While we’re on the subject of micro-unit infill… I think the block over would be a great opportunity to for the city to put its money where its mouth is. With the alterations to lot minimums, parking requirements, and missing middle emphasis, I think your 4X-16x40’s would be a great addition on Martin as well. This stretch has such a blighted feel, especially with the blacktop. As it stands, the city owns this parking lot which is used by the 2 end unit tenants only because its slightly more convenient than street parking on Camden.

Just a thought!

6 Likes

Selling my townhome. Realtor took pics yesterday here is a good one.

33 Likes

Raleigh looks like a real city! Are you moving to a parking lot?
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10 Likes

Yes parking sux here

Ooooo you’re probably about to get a pretty penny! Good luck with the sale, I’d make an offer but I doubt you’d accept any pocket lint, paper clips or quarters.

2 Likes

One can only hope to be this happy

New car storage, don’t front.

What a nice photo, but I don’t see any cars.

I can see the parking deck where my car is parked.

That’s a money shot…

2 Likes