Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

Happy Bike to Work Day!

24 Likes

Moonrise over downtown

20 Likes

Taken on the flight over to FNB.

14 Likes

Another Google Photos manipulated shot. This time not from a drone!

From Ashe Ave looking towards DTR.

9 Likes

Hate that I had to miss the meetup today but its my moms 60th birthday and we ended up getting dinner at the same time. I was able to make the city council meeting for about an hour where they were talking about Kane’s phase 3 at Peace/Capital. Went to Sitti for dinner and ended up sitting next to Stef Mendell of all people. Anyway, got this photo after dinner.

18 Likes

A very Happy Birthday to your mom! :blush:
Great picture! Thank you!

1 Like

I hope it didn’t ruin your dinner! Happy Birthday to your mom!

1 Like

Sure looks different now.

5 Likes

Played a gig on top of Dillon roof tonight. I think MLB Raleigh was there?

11 Likes

We heard you guys while rolling down Harrington. Sounded good from the ground! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Sharing this video from Reddit. WOW. Really cinematic drone shot of the skyline, with everything from Glenwood south (and the new Peace project) all the way to the CBD and Warehouse dist. included in frame. https://www.reddit.com/r/raleigh/comments/bvkxal/only_had_a_few_minutes_of_battery_but_i_was_still/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

8 Likes

Pretty sure that was taken from Fletcher Park

So, I saw a still photo, but I didn’t see the video. What am I possibly doing wrong? I want to see the video!!!

Are you running a script firewall such as ScriptSafe? If so you have to enable v.reddit.com.

Wherever they shot it from, it’s a perfect angle to really show off our true density. Can’t wait for this view to keep filling up with stuff! @John perhaps give Greg’s comment a go, otherwise not sure why you can’t watch the video. It’s absolutely perfect for a Raleigh promo/tourism ad - or will be once that Peace project is finished.

The Fayetteville Street Mall was just before it’s time. There was no one in down time after 5pm, being one one live there and even during the day was only people going to and from work or lunch. I think would be much more successful today.

As for how it looked in in past, I have a vivid memory (from shock) from late 60’s, before CPL and Marriott hotel where built. I was on transportation team as a driver for some international event of High School kids. In the group of 3 girls (not sure how I got assigned that group :slight_smile: ) I was driving then around in my shinny freshly painted bright blue 64 impala (friends name it “Crystal Blue Persuasion”) one was a girl from Japan. As I made loop around capital building and turn down Fayetteville St going to Memorial Auditorium. she made an enthusiastic statement along the lines of “oh wow this reminded me of Tokyo”. Now I had not seen Tokyo at time but was shocked that she would compare Raleigh to Tokyo. Guess it all depends on the person and I now know that Tokyo was a low rise city at that time.

8 Likes

Jake, thanks for the post. Here’s a snag from the vid.
Has a neat angle of the Peace project overlooking the treeline…

14 Likes

The West at North building looks good in that shot too. It doesn’t get highlighted all that much.
I’m glad it’s going to get some company over there now that Smokey phase 2 has started. Of course the residents there will love the extra retail options that all these Kane projects are bringing in, especially the Publix in Smokey phase 1.

4 Likes

301 Hillsborough and especially 401H would add nicely to this view.

6 Likes

This is a beautiful shot :clap:t4:

2 Likes