Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

Have to love the massive crowds of people waiting for trains.

LOL - Ok you can shoot me now.

5 Likes

Yup. And, that’s probably why there’s no food concession at the station.

1 Like

But, I’m hoping that the New Year’s Eve party advertised inside will rock. That’s going to be an awesome sound cavern.

2 Likes

Foggy morning from Dix Park, big field.

7 Likes

Elite…? :cry:
Doesn’t look good to throw this word around and also expect it’s citizens to be thrilled. IMO :nerd_face:

“a group or class of people seen as having the greatest power and influence within a society, especially because of their wealth or privilege.”

In 2 years you still won’t be able to see the Nexus buildings from this view because they’re all 20 stories or less.

1 Like

Harmless marketing hype. But, RUS has demonstrated its potential as an event space. We’ve already seen that with the new City Council inauguration.

1 Like

“Garden of Light” in Moore Square last night

Great to see the area so active (the warm weather helped).

25 Likes

20 Likes

From last night.

18 Likes

Mount *Hope…

Could be a better time of day, day sunrise to get the sun on downtown vs a silhouette but you get an idea of the skyline. The first shot is literally as close to what the intersection of North and East streets would be if they intersected (approx 200’ AGL). If you want a better pic for a calendar, let me know and I’ll wake up earlier for a better shot. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wider spot including the northern Capital Blvd area:

16 Likes

A couple of shots from the corner of South and East Streets.

I made sure to actually get the street corner in the shot. :grin:

You can see North Hills poking up from this one.

21 Likes

With the leaves gone, so much more of the city street action is visible. The church in the foreground just looks great. The Shaw campus shows well here - so much potential for that part of downtown.
What a dope shot!

6 Likes

A few more from around DTR.

Union Station

South and West Streets

Dix Park

16 Likes

By request, some shots of the downtown skyline with NCSU in the foreground.

Lined up with Hillsborough.

Lined up with the rail line.

Just another shot. :grin:

26 Likes

Love the shot with Dix hill in the foreground!

4 Likes

A recent downtown aerial of downtown, including FNB, Block 83, and the Smokey Hollow 1 & 2.
Credit: ElevatedAerialProductions, 4K YouTube snap.

28 Likes

If you look closely you can see the 301 Hillsborough crane

21 Likes

Credit: from a YouTube video from Matt Robinson’s RaleighSkyline.com where you can order his great hi-res shots for your own use.

16 Likes