Public Art in Raleigh

If only they could have found a similar blank brick wall within viewing distance of the Convention Center.

6 Likes

EXACTLY!!!

I guess publicly vs privately owned property :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Red Hat funded most of it. That’s why.

2 Likes

Few more photos.

11 Likes

we are very fortunate to have her and her talents here. She is pretty well known in the public art scene!

1 Like

If only there was a back end of a parking garage that faces condos that could use a mural… @OakCityDylan

2 Likes

@JohnKane!!! Please listen!!! LOL

7 Likes

15 Likes

Just a suggestion, but it probably should go only on the building and not the cars parked on the street… :thinking:

2 Likes

Isn’t this Wilmington St, not Salisbury?

1 Like

Haha yes it is. The PDF even has a google maps image that specifically says “Wilmington st.”

Meh. Anyone else getting tired of all the murals of the skyline? Haha like OK we are literally in the city right now, we know what the buildings look like. Cute and safe, but I prefer a little more interesting/unique public art than all these boring Raleigh-themed ones we keep getting. Oh well, still infinitely better than blank walls!

5 Likes

I was unimpressed with this mural.

2 Likes

Maybe they are trying to memorialize the current skyline since it will (hopefully) be significantly changing in the next few years… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Getting ready.

13 Likes

At what point could this become saturation of cartoonish blight once the peeling starts, will they change the art and or be maintained in good condition? Not against it but too much of a good thing can make you fat.

1 Like

At what point could plain concrete and brick become saturation of boring blight once the stains start, will they change the concrete/brick and or be maintained in good condition? Not against it but too much of a good thing can make you fat.

2 Likes

Except, those materials are needed to make the building a building

Bah humbug [characters]

Hahahahahah, come on Spero, I am not as bad as Scrooge, lol.