Raleigh 2022 New year, New Projects

10 with iron works! I think we could reach 15+ at one time late this year.

17 Likes

I’m looking forward to the RUSBUS tower taking off. Architecturally it’ll be different than anything else in DTR proper.

19 Likes

I’m not where I can post much now. Today’s Triangle Business Journal has a article on a new Bank Tower HQ’s for downtown . Says Project is suppose to start in May.

3 Likes

We have it over in the Salisbury Square thread!

5 Likes

of all the 2022 projects to start, this one is probably only 2nd for me behind RUSBus in terms of skyline-changing excitement. 320 South St is also on the list, but this one specifically will so drastically change the look of the Saunders St “Money Shot” we’ve come to be so used to.

11 Likes

Okay Guys, we are Six months into 2022 and at mid-point of the year, as far as new projects go. 400 Hillsborough, and among other projects downtown that are being built or planning, With all that is going on, ONE thing that raises serious concerns, why isn’t the city focusing more on Transit. If, and I say a gigantic IF…these new developments once completed in several years, how are folks going to get around town, uber, lyft, taxi, you can drvie around town, but what if one chooses not to, And lets not forget people who can not afford a car, or seniors who are in need of Bus transit, Students, or the disabled, Of all the comments on this site, I have yet to hear anything that is to be done or even planned for as Raleigh continues to Boom. It maybe just me… But i fear that in ten years time, Getting around by public transit is going to be Hell, it is Hell anyway, since I have rode on GoRaleigh/GoTriangle buses on many occasions. Just that it is going to get alot worse than it is already.

1 Like

BRT? Commuter rail? Bike lanes? There are plans in place for transit

3 Likes

All of these projects are bringing added density downtown which in time will bring added services. Most people downtown will be able to get around on foot / bike. Like Samuel stated, many bike infrastructure, transit - BRT and rail, transit zoning and other initiatives are underway. I actually think Raleigh is set up exceptionally well. All this and 90% of our downtown streets are actually extremely quiet compared to most similar / larger downtowns.

10 Likes