Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

The crane for the Cardinal extension is actively being assembled!!

19 Likes

I couldn’t see the whole article in the TBJ but Advance Auto Parts is subleasing part of its office space in North Hills. There is so much empty space across all the the North Hills area on both sides of Six Forks that I really do wonder why they continue to build. I don’t know if there is already a new tenant for the AAP space or if they are just looking.

1 Like

This is a residential building but I understand what you’re saying. AAP never got the chance to move employees into their office space but I think the demand for more office space will increase steadily for the next few months. First Citizens Bank is requiring all of its employees to be working in-person sometime next year.

2 Likes

I’m thinking that was always the plan to sub lease part of that building. Pretty big building for just one company. Also most of the upcoming towers are more mixed use than straight commercial I think. Give it a couple years and this area will be banging IMO. I’d feel more confident filling an office tower in NH than even downtown right now. Seems to be the “hot” area where companies want to be.

1 Like

New crane going up in North Hills?

4 Likes

Posted a couple of comments above you. The 18 story Cardinal crane is going up.

2 Likes

That’s not exactly true. You choose if you want to return to office or stay remote (clearly depending on position and management approval).

1 Like

Gilead Sciences is subletting vacant Allscripts space in NH.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2021/06/03/big-pharma-may-be-eyeing-major-space-in-north-hill.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=me&utm_content=ra&ana=e_ra_me&j=24041041&senddate=2021-06-03

7 Likes

A look back.

6 Likes

For a little perspective on how fast they’ve been going, this was taken on October 11th. They were only about 7 stories up.

6 Likes

I just confirmed the new crane for The Cardinal is up. Couldn’t get a pic but someone in NH should get a pic of it soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Cardinal’s crane is all up!

15 Likes

This is 18 story senior apartments?

Yep, the design is on the cardinal website… I think :thinking:

19 Likes

Not a bad looking building actually. Nice to break up the monolithic blue glass look

10 Likes

I wonder if they transferred the 301H crane up here. If so, it‘s been busy!

1 Like

It is and I’m going to begin working at the cardinal soon so I’ll be able to update more as it relates to this project

12 Likes

Ah, the life of a crane!
It would be interesting to track some of them. Too bad they don’t have big ID#s or individual names.

2 Likes

This will age in the same way that Glenwood Towers did.

5 Likes