(20 characters)

3 Likes

Yes!!!

2 Likes

Update: Midtown X with NH in the background

29 Likes

31 Likes

17 Likes

If anyone wants to buy Triangle Town Center, it’s listed for sale.

This one’s going through a conventional broker first, who estimated its value in June at $27.4 - $34.1 million. An appraisal last September came in at $27.7 million, far below the loan balance of $74.6M.

If you think it’ll sell for more than that, you could ask your junk-bond broker about CUSIPs 52108MDM2 and 52108MDN0; these appear to be the CMBS tranches with the largest exposure to TTC’s current ownership (indeed, it’s the only loan still left in this CMBS issue), and I’m sure someone would be happy to rid themselves of it.

3 Likes

Shady Towers coming soon.

Not sure if better placed here or in the Transit thread but Morrisville is making some zoning changes to spur more dense mixed use development around the areas that will benefit from Commuter Rail in the future. https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2021/09/01/town-of-morrisville-unlocks-development-options.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=ae&utm_content=ra&ana=e_ra_ae&j=24921276&senddate=2021-09-01
“ The TOD, meanwhile, sits at the intersection of Chapel Hill Road and McCrimmon Parkway. The new zoning envisions a much denser mixed-use hub to support existing and incoming transit options planned for that part of town.”

9 Likes

:us: Official

25 Likes

Interesting! It’s about time Morrisville joined the fray in making its neighborhoods more walkable and transit-friendly.

Looks like Morrisville first took this idea seriously in 2014, and added it to their FLUM and approved the zoning change pretty recently, under the radar. I would’ve loved it if they could build all of this without parking lots everywhere, but since we’re talking about a town that couldn’t even make its own fixed-route transit system work, I’ll take what I can get.

Interesting side note: the plans mention three TOD areas, but the “East TOD” on the northeast side of the McCrimmon/NC54 intersection seems to be the only one with a ton of detail. I guess this would be a nice, targeted way to get things started.

9 Likes

To be fair to Morrisville, there’s a pretty nice mixed-use area called Grace Park with ground floor retail and apartments over at the corner of Davis and Morrisville-Carpenter. It’s also walking distance to Wegmans, Food Lion, and a Walmart Neighborhood Market. It was actually quite cool living there while my house was built. Literally everything I needed was walking distance.

But being perfectly situated in the Triangle IMO, halfway between Raleigh and Durham, and right at RTP and prime Commuter Rail frontage it’s about time they look at some densification. It’s already a high end hot spot but they could really take themselves a few levels higher with this.

10 Likes

JC Penney is officially no more!

26 Likes

True, the shopping malls along Davis Dr. are great for walking around in, and they definitely feel less isolated and self-contained than they used to even just a few years ago. With that said, though, they’re great as mixed-use developments, but they’re still not transit-oriented; it’s still hard to get to those places without a car if you don’t already live nearby.

I personally wish Davis Dr. is taken just as seriously as 54 as a major regional corridor. If they can make it easier and more convenient to move between Cary and Morrisville (and in/out of there) without having to navigate its maze of throughfares, I feel like that would be a major game-changer.

6 Likes

I used to work at a clothing store and helped a member of the Morrisville town council. This was the ‘00s. He was anti rail because he thought it would bring crime with it. Like commit a crime and jump on the train to escape type crime.

5 Likes

It that ain’t the most Atlanta thing I’ve ever heard haha there’s part of metro Atlanta that have even refused busses because “crime”. We all know what they’re really afraid of what they think it’ll bring though which is a much bigger issue. One day more people will realize that an adequate transit option is good for everyone.

15 Likes

I bet Kane will clone this building for SH3.

3 Likes

Completely fine if he does, especially if it means it’s finally going to start. It’d certainly look better near a real downtown.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t be mad, but if he does I certainly wouldn’t mind a little more unique of a crown!

2 Likes

I watch movies. All the crime in NYC jumps on the subway to escape!

4 Likes

Here is the same building from much further away - intersection of Alamance and Buncombe. I realize it’s hard to see but when the leaves are off the trees it will be very visible from that vantage point. Also, even if you don’t like the picture, pretend you do and hit the heart button because I took this on a bike ride during which I got knocked off my bike by a pickup truck.

49 Likes