Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

Here’s a pic. NHID crane is closer; Midtown Exchange crane is further away.

28 Likes

That is a nice pair of birds that have landed in North Hills :star_struck:

11 Likes

oh wow, that Midtown Exchange crane is HUGE. 20-stories of office probably maxes out above 250ft, huh??

1 Like

That parking deck :drooling_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Does anyone know which building the new cranes are for

NHID crane is closer; Midtown Exchange crane is further away. (NHID = North Hills Innovation District. I don’t recall the name of the specific building going up. I think it’s just “building 5” for now.)

4 Likes

MTX is 12 stories. That crane looks huge though

3 Likes

The Exchange is on a bit of a hill, where as NH Building 5 is in a low spot for the site. We drove by there last night and was impressed at how prominent the Exchange crane looked compared to the NH Building 5 crane. But I do wonder if either of them are at their full height, or if they will be increased as the buildings start to come out of the ground.

4 Likes

And there are parts of another crane in staging.

Kane cranes

23 Likes

Midtown Grille (near Lululemon in North Hills) has a sign up today that it’s closed for good. I wonder if the recent closures due to plumbing issues were the final blow (Bulbox and Starbucks were also closed for days). I’ve actually never eaten there in the 16 years I’ve lived in NH, but passing along in case others go there!

2 Likes

Surprised by that one. They seemed to always have a good crowd. Lunch especially.

I can’t remember the restaurant that was there before it (Long in the last days of the center before it became the Lassiter, and, then in the early iteration of NH), but it had always been a surprisingly popular spot.

Cappers > Midtown 115 > Midtown Grille

2 Likes

Cappers! Fond memories are coming back now. Wow…that was so long ago.

1 Like

Speaking of NH… I was hoping to get a video as the crane was swinging around but I think he literally stopped for the day when I pulled out my phone. It stopped and then a horn sounded and then no more movement. I waited a bit to see if the guy climbed down and I would video that, but I was too hungry to wait long.

21 Likes

Is the Hardware/Furniture store being built now too or is that a later phase?

I was under the impression that it’s all coming in at once. They may be waiting a bit to start it since it’s smaller so everything can open at the same time.

7 Likes

The corner closest to Lassiter Mill and 440 isn’t starting yet. That’s one of the spots they are trying to rezone to 30 floors.

2 Likes

Anyone know if Kane released any revised conditions ahead of tonight’s council meeting?

WRAL mentioned on the news this morning about him proposing more affordable housing and no more ‘micro units’ with the new plans. I don’t think they have an article on their website yet about it though.