Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

Which cranes? I say that in jest because your question got lost into a debate about ‘affordable housing’ which should probably go into that thread.

I’d midtown exchange

First crane is going up as we speak. Base was put in this week.

2 Likes

He was specifically referring to CityPlat and their proposal to build a shipping container development on the corner of Peace and Glenwood. Which is true, it’s extremely unlikely they will actually build this.

But after further reading of your following post and your mention of Wet N’ Wild water park and how Raleigh is deficient without one… well it’s Friday and I’ll just glad you started partying early

2 Likes

A shipping container development hmm.

Raleigh does need more attraction at least can you agree with me on that. Wet an’ Wild was in my head.

It is only a recent and particularly American expectation that families have individual yards. Human families have lived in urbanized environments – and even apartments – for thousands and thousands of years.

You only speak for yourself, not for what families actually “need”.

3 Likes

Honestly, I can’t. To each their own, but maybe I view things from a different perspective than most. Raleigh is in an incredible location geographically 2 hours from the coast and 3 hours from the mountains. I spend a lot of time at the beach during the summertime or MTBing in the mountains to avoid the heat. Ride moto during the spring and fall. Then ski like I’m possessed during the winter.

There’s an emerald pointe water park less than an hour west on 40 heading toward Greensboro. They sell beer on tap, and it can get kinda rowdy on the weekends, but still a good time, you should check it out.

That’s wet n Wild I’m not stupid. I like the beach and the mountains I just would like something here when I can’t go. There just some people I don’t understand in this forum. I think under 18 is forgotten here on this page, and when I bring it up it’s ignored.

1 Like

I agree Raleigh could use more activities for different age groups. I grew up further south and I’ve always thought the Triangle could use a nice water park.

I also appreciate that Raleigh offers relatively easy access to the beach and mountains, but that certainly isn’t the same having those actually in the area. My family and I go to the beach two or three times a year. If we lived at the beach we would probably go dozens of times.

5 Likes

Please back on topic!

10 Likes

Your right, I had to look it up, it’s wet n wild emerald point. Is that too far to be considered accessible?

I guess my question is, would a theme park or specific department store make life here more enjoyable?

Do you like bicycles? We have one of the best BMX tracks in the country at lions park. That occupied lots of my time in middle school and teen years.

But back to north hills mall

1 Like

I propose they put a water park dance party in RTP for all the under 18 millennials who are so callously underserved.

3 Likes

You guys just didn’t even care. Y’all adults maybe because you guys don’t have kids maybe that’s why. Come on in tryna get you aware you just threw it somewhere else.

take all this over here →

5 Likes

Saw a mobile crane at NHID Tower 5 site this morning. My assumption was for the installation of the permanent crane

7 Likes

are there street level videos of a place (city) that say has two to three times the density of raleigh (6 to 10k per sq mile) that show this ideal? i kinda have been looking at yonkers ny at 12k per sq mile as a comparison what what high density raleigh in many areas would look like. is it a valid comparison?

Yep, the new tower crane for tower 5 is officially up.

5 Likes

Pic or it didn’t happen :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Me either I don’t no pics at all

Couldn’t snap a picture but two more cranes are now up along St Albans

5 Likes