Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

Anyone know when the residential component of MTX is getting started? I was surprised they did the office building before the residential considering the market.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve never understood why they chose the riskiest market over the market with the highest demand in decades.

1 Like

On a personal level, Iā€™m happy they built the risky one first. The residential should be fine to still get built. The other way around usually means the office or hotel portion falls off.

5 Likes

Hopefully, they still build the second office building (2000 Social I believe itā€™s called) as it would look quite wonky with just one as-is.

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to the skybridge between the two, so I hope so too. But Iā€™d actually be happy if they just built the bridge and building 1, and never built building 2. Skybridge to nowhere. Pretty iconicā€¦

2 Likes

A little bungy jump would totally be fine with me

3 Likes

Huge crane going up this afternoon in the middle of six Forks right by the Eastern tower. 2 of 3 lanes on north bound six forks blocked. Snarling traffic all around.

Anyone know what this is for?

1 Like

Cooling tower replacement on Captrust tower

2 Likes

Looks like First Citizens is going to raze their office building in North Hills. Doesnā€™t mention any sort of plans for the site at the moment.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2023/06/02/first-citizens-north-hills-property-demolish.html

7 Likes

Thanks. I would think they could have waited until past rush hour to set up the craneā€¦, Took me nearly an hour to get home from RTP today.

1 Like

Itā€™s been going on since this morning. I was late to my haircut, and the girls there were late coming in at like 9am. Terribly timed tho for sure

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good move for them whether Downtown or Midtown, that little North Hills office was small a big bank needs a huge building. So any massive office development North Hills or Downtown need a tower for First Citizens now Iā€™ll be a battle with the current council if theyā€™ll allow them to have a big building and the wokies donā€™t find some excuse for why they shouldnā€™t have one, but they need a tower.

1 Like

Some suburban density / pseudo-urban. 5 more buildings for Glenwood Place:
Bldg C: 5 story residential,
Bldg D: 10 story residential,
Bldg E: 11 story office,
Bldg F: 5 story residential

19 Likes

For those that like pictures:

An overview of the plan with future Building A & B

Building C

Building D

Building E (Looks like thereā€™s going to be some sort of tenant bridge leading to Building D)

Building F

34 Likes

TBJ article summarizing the new Glenwood Place development
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2023/06/08/glenwood-place-grubb-ventures-apts-retail-office.html

Rendering from the article

23 Likes

Thought this was The Exchange for a secondā€¦ looks fantastic! Much better use of space than the current configuration. So much infill potential along Glenwood.

8 Likes

Still all drive in, drive out but definitely incrementally better

4 Likes

It could use a second entrance, but we know thatā€™s never going to happen.

Love the green space.

4 Likes

Moving faster than Downtown South at least.

25 Likes

Unlike North Hills/The Exchange, there is a greenway entrance connected directly to this area to the north connecting to Crabtree Creek Greenway. Sure it would be round-about but the future residents can hop on the greenway and peddle over to CVM rather than drive. (I know the probability of more than 2% of the ppls will ever do this is unlikely :frowning: )

4 Likes