Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

OMG that parking garage! :scream:

The tower at the exchange is visible from six forks between north hills and wake forest rd where all the random commercial buildings are. I think itā€™s the only tall midtown building visible from that break in the trees and looks really cool.

8 Likes

When I was getting on the Beltline this morning, it looked like a helper crane was by the office building at 440/Lassiter Mill. Looks like we will be losing a crane today or tomorrow.

2 Likes

Yea I noticed that too and happened to snag a pic. At Barret Dr.

11 Likes

The last time I went to NCDEQ (Green Square) they had schematics of the new RRO (Raleigh Regional Office) on a TV monitor in the lobby. When I asked one of my PMs about it, he said DEQ RRO will be leaving the Barret Drive Office when the new building is built in 2026. $100 says the the old office (white building in the pic above) will be coming down shortly after the RRO moves out.

3 Likes

Makes sense. Atlas Stark [who is doing that 3-story office building & 3-story parking deck] owns the rest of that block too.

Kinda curiously, that whole area is zoned OX-3? I had thought there was a rezoning to 12 or 20 stories at some point? Or just wishful thinking?

3 Likes

Itā€™d certainly make sense for that area to be rezoned to 20-storiesā€¦ itā€™s a major connection between North Hills and ā€œMidtown Eastā€ shopping district

2 Likes

I just know the Nimbys are going to freak out when mid/high-rises start being built on the other side of 440.

Thereā€™s going to be a lot of ā€œthe infection is spreadingā€ energy coming from them.

9 Likes

A quick recap for anyone else who forgot what was going on with that parcel: Atlas Stark plans to build a 3-story medical office at 3700 Barrett Dr.

16 Likes

They can cry about it, my keyboard warrior energy is thriving. But yes Dallas just announced itā€™s own North Hills.

2 Likes

We need your time and energy at city Townhall meetings fighting for the yimby cause, Livible Raleigh and One Wake cleaned house Sir, Yimbys got spanked, being a keyboard warrior is not netting results :grinning:.

2 Likes

I can come but you guys have to message me here I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll reveal my Twitter on here as Iā€™m keeping my identity secret and plan to wear a face mask at council meetings. But since donā€™t show my face on the bird app, and Livable Raleigh trolls already stalk me their and here so here it is @chocomongo

2 Likes

This you?

PGA Superstore coming to the former Lifetime Fitness/current UNC Urgent Care spot near Wegmans at 601 Six Forks.

Another good tenant for Midtown East thatā€™ll keep people coming in.

10 Likes

And I know itā€™s on the back of everyoneā€™s brains so i will go ahead and confirmā€¦ yes, it has been explicitly stated that they will be selling Pickleball gear!

No Iā€™m a Lego character profile pic.

Then double check the twitter handle @chocomongo you posted, because that is exactly what you typed.

Letā€™s keep this on topic, please.

8 Likes

Just a couple of shots around Midtown, plus a rendering of the new and improved Coastal Credit Union HQ.

37 Likes