Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

i know i saw a mall in Hagerstown md that had classic car shows. i went to go check it out while staying in a nearby motel.

1 Like

I remember TTC used to have a mini fair one time, it only happened once but it was cool.

Exchange Raleigh planning to be much higher residential density than previous plans or is my memory really bad? Looks like a lot of residential towers will be at the height of the twin office towers.

25 Likes

those look a little beige :rice:

4 Likes

Apparently La Farm is opening a Raleigh location, Six Forks & Wake Forest Rd in the strip mall that used to have the Kroger (near the Costco)

8 Likes

It’s still crazy to me that they’re not downtown yet. A Smoky Hollow location would do so well

8 Likes

Yeah, odd location but I’m over there often for Costco/Wegmans so it’s not inconvenient!

Retailers aren’t going to take SH or Glenwood South as serious locations for their upscale businesses as long as the perception of the district is Spring Break.

1 Like

I know what you mean, but Smoky Hollow seems like it will be an entirely separate district from Glenwood South. Possibly to its detriment, but still

5 Likes

It’s one block east of Glenwood Ave. SH is a development, not a district.

1 Like

Afraid Boulted Bread already has the downtown gourmet bakery market cornered. There’s a line out the door every weekend.

Again, you may be right. But it’s not uncommon at all in cities for vibes to be wildly different from one street to the next. Especially if we ever get Smoky Hollow Phase III, and development along West St across Peace, I could see the area feeling like a different part of the city, even if it’s geographically close to Glenwood.

6 Likes

Plus Yellow Dog on the north side

and union special :rainbow::baguette_bread::croissant::sandwich:

Then they can clearly open another location downtown, even if it’s just a retail storefront and not an additional bakery. After all, the area is only growing with more downtown residents.

1 Like

I love the idea of Raleigh being both a bakery AND BBQ mecca - gotta have enough fresh, locally baked buns to put the hot n smoky local BBQ on :wink:

8 Likes

If Raleigh could turn itself into a bakery mecca, that would go a long, long, long way toward it building a identifiable brand!

4 Likes

I guess Raleigh is just half-baked at this point.

5 Likes

but there are a lot of people who are fully baked.

2 Likes

Heh bakery puns, and just 2 days before Pi(e) Day… Is our meetup Thursday going to have pie, or were the cookies a one time thing? :wink: