Raleigh Bikeshare

Yes, right in front of the new Y.

True, but in general, bikes are safer on streets than sidewalks. Very odd choice here.

I suspect the alternatives were to either put it on the sidewalk on Fayetteville Street, or to not put it on Fayetteville Street at all.

Excited that the city upped the amount of e-bikes. That is definitely the future. Hopefully now that they are invested in biking, we can finally get some decent bike infrastructure in this city.

4 Likes

We have some pretty bike stands. Are the bikes invisible and intangible or are we waiting ages to get the actual bikes?

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard March now but not even a grain of salt works in this situation. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Good thing thereā€™s plenty of scooters that I donā€™t even have to break a sweat to use

2 Likes

What is the city saying for why these arenā€™t out there?

Initially they said the bikes couldnā€™t be deployed until all the stations were installed, I thought they were all in but I might be mistaken. I also assume the year subscription clock doesnā€™t start ticking until there are actually bikes available to be shared, right?

Raleigh: Great Ideas, Meh Implementation ā„¢

1 Like

There were unexpected delays in the process. Iā€™ll give them some credit though, itā€™s a balancing act between all the funding sources set up to make it happen but they were probably premature in announcing their launch dates which were as early as May 18.

Iā€™m sure the interested group is quite small but Iā€™d be expecting some transparency at this point. Good on Citrix, the main sponsor, for sticking with it. If anyone from them is reading this, THANK YOU!

3 Likes

They just made it seem really inevitable when offering the founding subscriptions. I donā€™t really mind but I imagine some people could feel a bit put out by shelling out the money and then not hearing anything for months.

Could it be?

2 Likes

Walked by there earlier. They were installing the bike share system in front of the Citrix parking deck across from the food hall.

The DRA newsletter is reporting that Citrix Cycle will be available March 16.

1 Like

Yes, but only 22 of the 30 stations will be up and running. I havenā€™t seen anything yet on the final rollout. Information is VERY hard to come by. I expected more communication to members who have paid money at this point.

1 Like

Who has set up their account yet?
As a user of another system already, I donā€™t know that Iā€™d pay the extra ten bucks a year for the 60 minutes per ride on the Founding Membership. 45 minutes per ride should be plenty of time to get to oneā€™s destination on the standard annual membership. Of course, if you plan to use it to often go to the NCMA from the east side of the service area, you might want to get the 60 minutes/ride plan.

1 Like

I went ahead with the founding member but I do remember that it was $90 a year back in December, not the $95 as it says now.

1 Like

Hey Leo. Where did you get that information on the 22 initial stations? Do you know which ones will and wonā€™t be operational day 1?
Also, I have to laugh that Citrix Cycle doesnā€™t have a station at Citrix. Frankly, with the MSFH across the street, that seems like a logical station location.

1 Like

I suppose that they are not authorized to charge your account until the system opens? If they have already, then I suppose that they donā€™t start your year clock until the system is operational?

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure they charged mine immediately when I signed up over Thanksgiving weeekend but Iā€™m not 100% sure. The year clock better not have started considering there have been no bikes for a quarter of the year.