Raleigh Fire Headquarters and Central Fire Station

I’m creating a separate thread for the future relocation of the Raleigh Fire Headquarters and Central Fire Station since it was brought up in the Raleigh Citizens Advisory Council Meeting on June 19, 2019.

According to the Council Meeting the process is still in place and is being funded so it will happen eventually–probably hear more about this in the next 3 years.

According to this very detailed blog below, the blogger speculates that the new Raleigh Fire Headquarters and Central Fire Station will be apart of a multi-story project somewhere near the Convention Center: https://legeros.com/blog/new-raleigh-fire-headquarters-and-central-fire-station/

4 Likes

Supposedly at the 200 block of W South St.(at the corner of S Dawson St).

1 Like

I’m guessing we’re talking about the North West corner of that block?

1 Like

The city owns the lot on the southeast corner. Currently a gravel lot.

2 Likes

South East… the parcel currently addressed as 0 W South St belonging to the City of Raleigh. I think that they use it currently to allow big vehicles to park there for Convention shows.

1 Like

Whoops, got it, thanks! I was looking at South/McDowell instead of South/Dawson.

1 Like

Yet another gravel lot! But not owned by the city. That one appears to be owned by the Anderson family that owns Sir Walter Chevy.

1 Like

This location was confirmed by a reputable source. Apparently it’s going to be a pretty cool modern design.

7 Likes

Looking forward to the renders.
To compare, I was looking at the new downtown Durham Police HQ.

It’s a bit blah - a short boxy structure (nice brick finish, though) with a giant separate car garage (the garage is taller than the office!).

It will be interesting to see what Raleigh comes up with.

6 Likes