Raleigh In The News around the country/world

5 Likes

You guys, we made it! We were a question on Jeopardy! OMG, so many fanboy vibes over here. This is the big time, folks. Jeopardy! Oh, man. I’m getting goosebumps just typing those words out. This is so cool! We are big time. Big time.

2 Likes

We were also the answer a few years ago.

“This North Carolina city founded in 1792 is named for a man who died in 1618.”

That time someone at least got the answer, though to be fair the category was “R-town”.

4 Likes

Speaking of reports - Research Triangle featured in the runners-up list section tied as #36 world wide in the 2021 Startup Genome Report:

highly ranked for talent, especially in the life science area

3 Likes

Cross-posting from “state and federal politics” since that thread isn’t visible to everyone:

5 Likes

Go Raleigh!

11 Likes

The pic they used is the most “Rust Belt” looking one I have ever seen of downtown Raleigh.

7 Likes

I love that green lawn in the middle!! :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Quick snippet for those against clicking through to articles.

The Raleigh metro area stands out as the best place to start a small business. Here are the main highlights about North Carolina’s capital city:

• It has the seventh-highest proportion of residents with at least a bachelor’s degree — 48%, compared with an average of 34.5% across the 100 metros.
  • Nearly 55% of its population is in their prime working years between ages 25 and 54, good enough for ninth among the 100 metros.
  • Its unemployment rate was 3.9% in July 2021 — the latest available at the time of research — nearly two percentage points lower than the U.S. rate of 5.7%.
8 Likes

This is the 43rd Emerging Trends in Real Estate report, which has become one of the most widely read forecasts in the real estate industry (Fortune Magazine)Here are PWC’s top ranked real estate markets for 2022:

1. Nashville
  2. Raleigh/Durham
  3. Phoenix
  4. Austin
  5. Tampa/St. Petersburg
  6. Charlotte
  7. Dallas/Fort Worth
  8. Atlanta
  9. Seattle
  10. Boston

For people looking to build new homes, the report recommends these cities:

1. Raleigh/Durham
  2. Tampa/St. Petersburg
  3. Phoenix
  4. Dallas/Fort Worth
  5. Austin
  6. Denver
  7. Charlotte
  8. San Antonio
  9. Atlanta
  10. Washington, D.C.–Northern Va.
14 Likes
5 Likes

Pretty darn impressive shot of downtown, especially the sky. And Raleigh gets the photo to represent the state, instead of the Metro-that-shall-not-be-named.

2 Likes

There isn’t an outdoor deck outside of the Holiday Inn, and this can’t be from the Quorum Center, their decks don’t angle this direction. Might be photo shop.

6 Likes

Oh it’s 100% photoshop haha - BUT this may end up being a somewhat accurate view (minus the obvious exclusion of Pendo tower right up front) from 400H!

7 Likes

I initially thought it was from Pendo, but I see now its not, lol. Photoshop would also explain the killer sky, lol.

While looking at this photoshopped view, the music one is imagining playing in ones head is autotuned.

5 Likes

Pretty well-known youtuber, CGP Grey, tests Tesla Self-Driving feature in downtown Raleigh!

9 Likes

I’ve watched CGP Grey videos for years and if I passed him on the street I would have no idea. Cool that he did the video here, though I do wonder why here (I thought he was in the UK).

So cool. I’ve had a Model 3 since 2018 and it’s honestly perfect for DTR’s street grid.

1 Like