Raleigh In The News around the country/world

What’s the methodology behind those ratings? For example, commute length and cost of living. Is higher better?

1 Like

5 is the max high score in each category.

Yes but how should I read it? Commute length of 5 means it’s the best commute possible or it’s the worst?

If it is the high score I would think 5 would be the shortest commute times. New York has a commute score of 0.5 for comparison.

Means the best. The higher the score the better.

I don’t know if this is the right place and/or if this article’s been linked before, but I just saw that RTP is proposing buildings up to 20 stories. There’s going to be a lot of new space and I wonder how it will impact growth of DTR (and Durham, east Cary, etc.). While I think it’ll be great for the region, I think it might zap some of DTR’s growth over the next decade. https://abc11.com/realestate/new-retail-hotel-office-space-development-coming-to-rtp/5969547/?fbclid=IwAR1gsQS96vKiL6Ctdtd2u2zBgDBG7JNWMHUHvbio1yFr2beyHJp5eRXJ3oA

4 Likes

Raleigh scores in this list of top 100 best performing cities. In the world.

The cities appear to me as almost a random list. It’s pretty rediculoso. But hey. For being under 500K population, Raleigh is banging shoulders with the big boys.

8 Likes

Projection from the Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO) puts Raleigh at 510,000 people in 2020.

We did it, we’re over 500,000 now or pretty soon.

And once we take over Cary and claim that land as rightful Raleigh land we will be over 690,000. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Sound like English logic. LOL

1 Like

5 Likes

Interesting idea: Location arbitrage with WFH and streamlined home building
Advertising Raleigh as one of the locations. One of the founders is from this area

5 Likes

Raleigh listed as 4th best city to work remotely:

6 Likes

Raleigh ranked 15th most pet friendly city

6 Likes

All the oak trees certainly help :dog2: :toilet:

6 Likes

Would be nice to see a downtown dog park somewhere tho.

5 Likes

Okay, so this one is a hoot, and it’s not because of where Raleigh ranks. You’ll have to go see for yourself. I don’t want to spoil the surprise.

7 Likes

lol @ the queen city!!

1 Like

Interesting. Top 5 is about what i would have guessed, but I would have thought DC and Austin would be higher.

The whole thing is quite interesting. What it does show is that both Raleigh and Charlotte are under-performing from a visibility perspective. Then again, both cities are relatively recent on the visibility scene, so it’s not terribly surprising.
Raleigh could benefit from a more robust digital marketing team. Self promotion has never seemed to be Raleigh’s “thing”, but Charlotte’s bottom feeder position on this list was VERY surprising to me.

5 Likes

Some might disagree, but Raleigh has the 3rd best commute in the country for big cities:

4 Likes