Raleigh Stadium/Arena/Sports Discussions

Just will do anything but Baseball, were gonna need to sweep some council members out this year.

PNC Arena renovation architects fired

Since you know her personally why can’t you not get her used to the idea that the soccer stadium could be used to bring MLB to Raleigh. The rezoned land can be use for multi purpose. What do you mean she doesn’t have council support the rezoning passed awhile ago.

I don’t know MAB well. I have been with her a few times talking both soccer & baseball . Mayor Baldwin does not have council support concerning a stadium.

13 Likes

Oh shoot were on its crunch time!!!

I feel like some YIMBY council members maybe among the folks against it.

1 Like

Yes ! 4 for , 4 against!

Why this year counck lelection is so fucking crucial Im trying to find out how we win. I can’t comment further on it because imnot in the politics section. But I do have some ideas, about how to win.

1 Like

We need to get some council kicked out of office

1 Like

I agree. Its time for a political evolution.

1 Like

Rally up we got a long 11 months starting now!

1 Like

Are we living in a parallel universe this evening? State won while Carolina lost to a GT team with just an abysmal record.

4 Likes

Yesterday’s Triangle Business News reported that Steve Malik is looking for outside of state investors for his soccer teams, NCFC/ The NC Courage.

3 Likes

That is so weird that you mention that. I was reading (last week) that “others” were interested in purchasing/moving the NC Courage. Timing is everything I guess. How odd is that? :thinking: :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I got a chance to talk to Mr. Malik a few years back and his first love was to bring MLB to this area. I think that he told me that he is from Kinston.

1 Like

13 Likes

So that tourism tax will refill every year to support any venue such as MLB.

2 Likes

I am curious on how they arrived at these numbers?

Some sports news for Raleigh

2201 S Wilmington Street Raleigh, Nc

• 16 Indoor Pickleball Courts

• 8 Indoor Golf Simulators

• Indoor Chipping & Putting Area

• Full Service Bar

• Golf & Pickleball Pro Shop

• Corporate Event Center

19 Likes