Raleigh Stadium/Arena/Sports Discussions

Go Wolfpack!
:wolf: :tuffy:
#whynotus

14 Likes

Not a good luck for a ā€œprogressiveā€ city & region.

We have someone to blame for that. He was so ademen on welcoming the competition from that when other NC City got MLS. Saying weā€™re gonna prove were 2 different markets and there can be franchises in both cities, he said all that crap and he hasnā€™t done anything. If you know who Iā€™m talking about then you know. Kansas City just built a women only soccer stadium it would probably be better and cheaper to fund that making a massive development and hoping Major League Soccer will change there minds on us in due time. He even promised to have that team in the open cup beating that other ā€œNC competitionā€, and proving that they made the wrong choice. He knows spending $2 billion is unrealistic and he doesnā€™t seem to care. He literally got Naomi Osaka on board, havenā€™t seen a needle move. Btw Iā€™m On my way back to Raleigh.

1 Like

NCSU 84 UNC 76!!!:tada::tada::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::balloon::balloon::heart::heart: ā€œGo Packā€!!!

12 Likes

Iā€™m still gobsmacked, and am just watching all of the post game YouTube podcasts about the game. Iā€™m too hyped to sleep!

7 Likes

In todayā€™s Triangle Business Journal is a article on Steve Malik new investors. Does any of our site members have access to this article?

Thank You Wey so much for such a detailed reply! Iā€™m hoping that all this information will help in bringing the soccer stadium to The Downtown South Project.

1 Like

No posting of entire articles from paywalled sites. A small quote and link back to the article is the best way to share news.

3 Likes

Well, what was the the news?

1 Like

Nextā€¦

:tuffy:

17 Likes

An 11th seed in the final (sweet) 16.
Love my Wolfpack!

12 Likes

My burning question for the last week is why didnā€™t the City light up red in support of our local team going so far in the NCAA tournament? They have done it in the past for the Hurricanes when they advanced in the Stanley Cup Tourny. CLT USA is frequently lit blue for the Panthers. What is the deal with Raleigh?

IMO it builds a sense of community excitement to support our local teams (and theyā€™re both RED). It just feels like a letdown that our community canā€™t get behind the local teams in a more visible way. Maybe this is another layer to the ā€œlocal brandingā€ that we just donā€™t express in an outward fashion. Not sure, just wanted to put this out into the world.

:tuffy: :hurricanes:

11 Likes

They havenā€™t done that in a while for the Canes. Wish theyā€™d bring it back and had done it for NC State too.

Also wish we could get a buy in from the whole city skyline. Think how cool itā€™d be if the entire city had LED lighting on the buildings.

3 Likes

PNC was red (presumably for NC State) on Saturday night - didnā€™t get a pic though but noticed from my deck as I was going to bed

2 Likes

This was Friday and Saturday night:

15 Likes

I guess that Truist thought it was Christmas?

4 Likes

Truist is always about that wack-ass green :dino_t_rex:

2 Likes

I appreciate the 3 buildings, but that just isnā€™t the same vibe to rally the community around our hometown teams.

3 Likes

Did yall miss Hillsborough St closed down in front of Mitchs?! All the giant screens on Glenwood South? All the packed bars? Iā€™m confusedā€¦ the community vibes were through the roof!

12 Likes

Centennial Authority Board Meeting tomorrowā€¦ wonder if weā€™ll get any renovation/development news or updates. With the success and high-profile of both NC State basketball and the Stanley Cup Playoffs about to start this would be the time for the biggest impact and highest visibility of any announcement.

11 Likes