Raleigh Stadium/Arena/Sports Discussions

For those confused NBA Charlotte Hornets were owned originally by a white man, however he sold the team and ownership which I can’t remember moved the team to New Orleans, taking colors, paint, team, name, and history. Charlotte would be like Raleigh for one year with one pro-team football, and hockey respectively. However, NBA then Commissioner (David) Stern still thought it was a good idea for Charlotte to have a team BET founder (Black Entertainment Network) founder Robert Johnson brought the fees for an expansion team. He became, the first African-American to own a NBA franchise, and a first African-American to own a pro-sports team in general. So he launched it as the Bobcats, Charlotte Bobcats it was merely successful no championships. He later sold it to Micheal Jordan a former basketball player with ties to NC with UNC and having grew up in NC. With basketball childhood. So he would be a sucky owner himself but he rename the team back to the hornets in 2013 and took it from New Orleans and they became the Pelicans. An furthermore the history as the Hornets in Charlotte originally and while in New Orleans been merged in with the renamed franchise. Meaning the sports championships which they didn’t have in New Orleans and sporting record was moved into current history of the renamed franchise and added on into one. While New Orleans pretty much were a bee team with a clean slate of history.

Oh so that’s who Michael Jordan is!

6 Likes

Yes, a great Basketball player horrible owner cheap as hell

Hornets were 18th in roster spending out of 30 teams. Just about in the middle. So not really cheap, just not money well spent.

2 Likes

I’m still confused. There’s a Michael Jordan that played basketball too?!? I’ve been thinking of Michal Jordan that played for the Canes a couple years ago and wondering when he bought a basketball team.

Wait, the guy from Space Jam owns a team?

4 Likes

I still don’t understand the point here.

5 Likes

Let me try to sum this up with a single gif.

10 Likes

Yup, that’s correct.

UncleJesse , Have you heard a update on any thing concerning Tepper’s interest to buy The Courage ? I sure hope that this does not happen ! Also , which minor league team & what year did your Dad play ? I have several friends that played minor league ball .

2 Likes

He probably didn’t sell it.

1 Like

Yeah but finding an billionaire to invest here is hard

I don’t think Raleigh getting MLS anytime soon, same for Vegas, Phoenix, Detroit, and Indy.

Though it’s impossible without a billionaire, it cause we’re clogged College teams 20 minutes apart. It hard for us to get a team. MLS was a shot but Malik wasn’t aggressive on the state property but that killed his bid casue those Republicans weren’t giving a rats booty about, this would’ve been a good spot. He could’ve planted a bright the land since at the time the stadium was privately financed. All he could’ve worked on was paying the franchise fee, and getting very hard to get Corparate support. He was weak and we were too we let our guard down. But as for MLB you know Portland doing a diamond project just s proposed stadium to linger and MLB team expansion or relocated we could do that for this. But still need a billionaire.

Maybe one day, you’ll be the $B guy…? #Dreamz

I wish under five years like Zuckerberg. But it depends when MLB annouces expansion which may not be for a while. Btw are you a troll.

Call it what you like. If you say the same thing on every thread and I raise my hand, well…
Maybe I’ve heard it and don’t walk the same bridge again and again…

6 Likes

Unfortunately it will I’ve MLB Raleigh to take it down that site, on Cargill Site, and sharing with Downtown South, or Dix Park. I don’t think the prison is a good choice.

I need to figure out the mute option…

5 Likes

…though I feel like this thread could be locked, too, since it’s not like we have much of a reason to believe things will happen in this department anytime soon.

2 Likes