Raleigh Stadium/Arena/Sports Discussions

Love when Raleigh becomes home to Major League Baseball.

2 Likes

In a lot of ways I agree with you Gavin . The Milwaukee Brewers own The Carolina Mudcats . The average Brewer fan spends $93 a game , parking , ticket , food . Probably a family of 4 could attend a Mudcatā€™s game for this price or a little more , depending ? This is my biggest concern Gavin . Giving families a great time at a affordable price .

3 Likes

Well Canes ticket $20-$30 dollars, for a family of four about $69 plus food, ticketing and parking are a little under a hundred But that depends how Hugh up there seats are in the arena. Now will MLB to Raleigh-Durham price tickets and family attendance, games, and time of day games, transit, ticketing, and food.

2 Likes

I have talked with a investor that will be a part of the Raleigh MLB Project & he said that if we did not get MLB , he would help , support a Raleigh minor league project , The Atlantic League . He , like myself wants to see baseball back in Raleigh .

2 Likes

The Atlantic League is an independent league that is neither a part of Major or Minor League Baseball. Important difference since your branding/marketing strategies, TV broadcast rights etc. will be totally different.

The stadiums for ALPB franchises only hold 4000-7000 people, and nearly all teams are based in distant suburbs of major cities. Iā€™m having a hard time seeing how they would have any respectable economic impact (let alone a social impact that makes people care for such a team), butā€¦ am I missing something? If Raleigh never gets an MLB franchise at the end of the day, why would it be worth it to go for this league (rather than just going for a different sport)?

I am a fan of The Atlantic League because it plays at the AA Level , 23 year old league that has a proven track record , 50 % of the league players have MLB playing time , over 950 + players have signed MLB Contracts to play at the A , AA , AAA , MLB Level . Their President Rick White , has 15 years of Upper Management in MLB , the last 11 years , Rick was President Of Major League Properties & ALPB works real close with MLB . All this info. is either on their Home Page or Rick Whiteā€™s Page . Because of the mileage rule with Durham / Zebulon , Independent Baseball is the only option for us . I think that Raleigh would be a St. Paul , Minn . success . St. Paul for years has averaged 8,200 to 8,400 fans a game & their stadium is 13 miles from The Twins Stadium . St. Paul plays in The American Independent League . Next year Minor League Baseball wants to turn ALPB Sugarland , Tx. & St. Paul to AAA Level affiliated Ball . Durham , the last 3 years has averaged 7,700 to 7,800 fans a game . Thanks for your time .

5 Likes

OMG Raleigh MLB Project OMG we could actually get a team 1 investors get us there.

Because every other sports taken, Baseball is our only lifeline, donā€™t MLS coming here unless they realize Raleigh like Cincy and Columbus with there franchises.

I believe what Dwight is saying is that I told him if MLB is off the table at some point (for some reason), we would help use the MLB Raleigh movement we created to bring any sort of baseball to Raleigh. Is that what you were referring to, Dwight?

2 Likes

The only reason it could br off the table is if

The stadiums on state property

Not enough investors

Or MLB reject our bid which Iā€™d highly doubt

Or that other NC city bidsā€¦ Which is highly doubted too.

Yes Lou , This is what I was talking about . After we talked at the cookout , I heard several guys say ,
" Hey , I would be happy to see minor league ball come to Raleigh if MLB does not work out " . " Go
Raleigh Baseball " !

2 Likes

But first the primary focus has to be Major League Baseball, thatā€™s the open opportunity. Minor league is at war right now with MLB Commissioner Manfred.

1 Like

The bad thing is if Raleigh was to get an Atlantic League team, the Mudcats would never survive, and Iā€™d hate to see Five County Stadium abandoned. Itā€™s a shame they had to build so far out but I guess Steve Bryant didnā€™t have a lot of choice.

1 Like

I will not be sad to see Five County go if thatā€™s what it takes for Raleigh to get a ballpark. Itā€™s kind of cool being in the middle of nowhere but the amenities are few, the seats are too high (and hot as heck on summer days), and the sound effects/PA noises are a circus even by minor league standards.

1 Like

I always wondered why they built it way out in Zebulon. Not knowing the history with the Durham Bulls. But FWIW, I have been to Durham for a game one time in nearly 10 years in Raleigh, and that was through an event with work where we had a box. I have been to the Mudcats handful of times. Itā€™s quicker to go to Zebulon then fight traffic on I-40 getting to Durham. And itā€™s cheaper too to take the family there for a game that they donā€™t really know that much about.

So at least anecdotally, from someone living in Raleigh, Iā€™m not sure how much attendance the Bulls would loose if the Mudcats were in Raleigh. It would not make me go to a Bulls game any less. But it would probably make me go to a Mudcats game more often it it were in town.

6 Likes

Looks it gotta happen this Raleighā€™s only chance for another Major League team we can support without dominance, we show all investors in this area and the ones that arenā€™t revealing there plans because there in the MLB Raleigh movement convincing them to get engaged to invest. This is life of death for the City of Raleigh in terms of city value and the pro-sports market here. I highly doubt Raleigh getting MLS team ever again, not even a hit at expansion determining that when that league expands again for the final time iā€™ll probably directed to target the southwestern markets (like Phoenix, Vegas, etc). So we need to show our support not by liking my comment which some of yā€™all will do, we need to go out engage every
business for support and all the corporate support which we have we never used even with transit weā€™ve never used there support or acknowledge them (thatā€™s why all the corporate offices are leaving Raleigh cause there not engaged with the community) for stuff like this or others. So lets get this ball rolling. I wish I was a billionaire but iā€™m not a billionaire and if i was i be prepping the business sponsors and secure a stadium on Dix Park property by working with the city but thatā€™s not reality. As a self-proclaimed city advocate this is life or death.

I, too, wish to be a billionaire.

2 Likes

We all do soon now letā€™s get a billionaire to invest in MLB to Raleigh.

Millionaire are okay too they just have to be a group.

Parking there is a nightmare. Completely disorganized, took us 2 hours to get out. The DBAP is much more organized.

1 Like