Raleigh Union Station and RUSbus Facility / Union West

Why can’t Nexus be the tallest?

1 Like

That’s what I said I’m hoping for, making PNC 2nd…

Have I missed something? What is this hypothetical/drawn in development here to the right of Raleigh Crossing and above the RUSBUS?

That’s The Hue apartments so that can’t be anything new here.

4 Likes

Ahh, thanks. I thought something had to be already there but got my layout of downtown outta wack

Ah! Next tallest. Not next tallest. :joy:
I interpreted next to the tallest but totally get what you said and meant.

1 Like

Our next/new tallest! We gotta get one of those at SOME point right? 2008’s PNC Tower cannot seriously be the last tallest building our wildly fast growing city will ever have RIGHT???

5 Likes

I’m Dreaming that First Citizens bank fresh off the merger with CIT, will Partner with the Nexus to build its new HQ’s and transferring CIT jobs, not all but a nice Chunk and build a 50 story iconic office Tower with a spire along with Apts and a Nice hotel with a inner woonerf design for the whole project make it a destination lol.

7 Likes

Big dreams, but FCB apparently loves the fact that they have a headquarters campus in NH. I don’t think this will be happening but it would be nice if it did.

4 Likes

I’m so excited for this project to start. This thing will tower over the Dillon, as indicated by my advanced graphic design skills.

26 Likes

With the MUCH taller residential tower, and the slightly shorter hotel, I am LOVING the height variation this will bring to the area.

16 Likes

Linking the following as it pertains to this thread.

6 Likes

GoTriangle’s Board of Trustees gave a thumb’s-up for the transit agency to wrap up negotiations with Hoffman & Associates, and enter a joint development agreement with them to build RUSbus! This means we could have that development contract signed and approved early next year, keeping us on track to break ground around Spring 2022.

It seems like this took so long because this is a super complicated public-private partnership with many parties involved (Raleigh, GoTriangle, NCRR, Hoffman etc.). They signed off on term sheets back in April, though, so you could already get good vibes about this negotiation back then.

One of the big points of confusion about this is who’s building what -and we have more clarity, now, about what parts of RUSbus will be built using grants and taxes! I found something surprising in here, though:

I’m 99% sure the “West St. improvements” involves restriping the road so that West St. has bus lanes and kiss-and-ride pullouts. It’s drawn on the latest site administrative review, after all, unlike the West St. extension we’re all dying for updates about.

The rolling stock, though? I wasn’t aware that new buses would be a part of this project, so that’s a nice addition, I guess.

28 Likes

Good stuff! Looks like just this week we’ve gotten to the everything-but-the-permits stage on four big towers (two Creamery, two RUSBUS). Merry Christmas to DTR!

21 Likes

2022 = Year of the Construction Crane(s)?

11 Likes

Plus The Madison and the East Civic Tower planned to kick off this year, right?

1 Like

Plus all the North Hills ones

I’m happily losing track of all these things ‘beginning construction’ in 2022 :grin:

6 Likes

:flushed:

(Why does my mind always go there? I’m supposed to be an adult…)

12 Likes

True. But that is one of the perks of being an Adult…Ha Ha!

4 Likes

Heck yeah, excited to see RUSbus take off.

Over or under 7 cranes up in DTR by the end of 2022?

4 Likes