Raleigh Union Station and RUSbus Facility / Union West

Again? :thinking:
Didn’t they just tweak/remove most of the interesting things about this complex?

1 Like

Yes, but read the sentence right after that. This could be a good thing! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I am confused. What does 301 Hillsborough have to do with the transit project?

The fact there was a developers meeting in town that included all of the major players with projects in the funnel. That’s all. I was simply referencing my mention of that.

1 Like

A Triarchy…character/s

Or perhaps, Battle of the Broker Bands… :thinking:

1 Like

10-4. so the transit project will be going vertical as soon as the complete demolition?

The way I understood it, no construction will start after demo until they have the final design approved by Go Triangle and then through the ASR process, so late 2023.

5 Likes

Isn’t there some sort of deadline for the Federal money?

1 Like

Si there basically delaying and speeding up a two different projects now.

1 Like

I believe the deadline was just to “get started” on construction - which they have (assuming demolition counts)! When they’ll finish? WHO KNOWS! hahahaha - please anyone correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Website states construction starts “Spring 2023” which makes sense given how long it will take to complete demolition & site prep before going vertical.

RUS Tower available 2025. “Private tower - early 2026”

1 Like

Sliding timelines are the new normal for Construx…

We have supply chain issues still tied to the pandemic, and especially on products that come from China, and we have seen immigration substantially slow, exacerbating an already tight labor market. Being involved in projects these days requires patience and a steady temperament.

2 Likes

I love the first image of Rusbus and own opinion this would look nice wants it is finished

27 Likes

It might help the developers if they survey citizens who live in the area or use transit and ask them what they value most (wide sidewalks, large open spaces, safety signals for pedestrians, bike racks, etc.)

3 Likes

Some interesting new vantage points opened up

30 Likes

I love this development it much better

13 Likes

That’s no longer going to be the design they follow, they’re trying to come up with a new design now.

Oh dam it see that what happens when they ask go triangle do you like this design and don’t get to final meeting talk to city council staff and with go traingle
This make so disappointing and angry and know I am not the one who building it but it makes no dam sense and sorry for my language but it is the truth