Raleigh Union Station and RUSbus Facility / Union West

35 Likes

I really hope they are not trying to make that bike lane into a tiny bike track :man_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

Any idea when this is going vertical?

The walls look kinda lonely.

1 Like

If you are referring to the yellow line, it looks like it’s just a utility locate. You can see the blue line (water) crossing it in one of the pics.

4 Likes

Has the mildew smell of the site dissipated yet?

Correct. West St is NB and Harrington is SB to essentially create a parallel two way “track”

2 Likes

And I believe yellow typically refers to gas lines

1 Like

I think it’s a bit delayed and now fall/late '23 timeline if I understand correctly. I think similar timeframe to Creamery.

3 Likes

A non-bird said “possibly” October/November timeframe :cry::face_with_monocle::scream:

Bit of a different angle here showing the mass grading effort.

33 Likes

Fresh from Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (geez what a name):

20 Likes

OMG!
A 5th daily trip between RLG and CLT to start this year!

I selfishly hope it leaves Raleigh at 7:30 and returns at 17:30, so I can use it to commute to Cary and back. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Charlotte USA really needs to figure their train station out. I’d be surprised if they hit that 2026 date, and the current station is (I) hideous and (II) simultaneously in the worst part of town and out of the way

8 Likes

Charlotte station is also a 1.1 mile walk from the nearest light rail station even though it’s physically only .3 mile away (across a NS rail yard).

5 Likes

The sidewalks from their current station towards uptown are also not great… :-/

1 Like

I guess that’s what happens when you let a transportation department get hijacked by one mode of transportation. One would think that having centralized planning would make for a wonderful experience going from train station, to sidewalk, to bus station, to Uber pickup site, to light rail station, etc

3 Likes

Okay, so this is going to be a stupid question, here we go, is there even a rail connection to Asheville from either Greensboro or Raleigh ??? Many times I have been to Asheville on weekends, i never seen or believe they have a train station :station:. Just curious about it.

1 Like

Apparently no. There used to be one in the past, not sure if that was like the 70s or the 1800s. That is my real dream. Such a fun walkable place, but the drive out there is the worst. Probably my favorite city in NC outside of Raleigh/Durham.

12 Likes

It is, Asheville is a cool place, I love Asheville but I can’t imagine how a city would not have a train station, every time I go to Asheville the traffic is awful and Im being nice about it. You think that by having a train station it would ease some of the headache. But thats just me. I dont know.

2 Likes