Raleigh Union Station and RUSbus Facility / Union West

Darn, should have gone with my first guess of that parking lot. Should have let being a the parking lot overrule the other logic. :exploding_head:

Mobile out-houses being delivered today at RUSbus. Hopefully this means we’ll see more activity. The site has more grading and a storm water catch pool installed.

30 Likes

This is a good sign!
Bring on the crane!!!

12 Likes

What happened to that :toilet: on the 2nd floor?

2 Likes

These don’t appear to be the models that levitate.
:building_construction:

5 Likes

That’s where the crane comes in :building_construction:

3 Likes

I guess one is better than none…Not 1 single worker today though

6 Likes

Maybe they’re gonna utilize the one man crew that the Hilton hotel used for its first year?

1 Like

Porta Potty watch thread!

2 Likes

There new ASR has not been approved yet from what I can tell. So, I don’t know how much more they can do on the site.

2 Likes

gonna be a :poop: load of activity for sure.

2 Likes

This was my favorite single porta. Don’t think it’s there anymore though, or was moved. And the door was facing the right way for the view :window:

24 Likes

get a low angle and make it the tallest building in the skyline!

4 Likes

But it looks so lonely… :poop: :frowning_face:

Could be an album cover if framed correctly

5 Likes

While I love this quick time-lapse video of the old Dillion Supply building, what’s even as cool is the crane work being performed on 400H as seen in the reflection of the Pendo building…:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

19 Likes

Don’t think I’ve seen this posted (feel free to give me the silver medal if it has) but looks like Union Station is getting some food options

Got the train to Durham the other day and found it strange that despite a full waiting room, the only food options are basically the same snacks you can get on board.

21 Likes

Nice! here’s some quotes from the article, it looks like a mini food hall with shared kitchen.

“Raleigh Union Station is getting a mini food hall. The Raleigh City Council is expected to approve funding for the project on Tuesday. The space would include one storefront and a shared kitchen for three vendors to share, according to the council’s meeting agenda.”

“The food options at the hall would include coffee, sandwiches, crepes, pastries and other light items.
According to an existing lease agreement, the City would be completing the upfit of the space, while the vendors would be responsible for the special equipment and furnishings. The total project is expected to cost about $490,000.”

21 Likes

Great news, that will be a nice amenity for travelers, and if price and quality are good it will be great for those in the neighborhood as well. I always thought it was an issue that there wasn’t really enough food available in the station.

12 Likes

Awesome! I’m going back and forth to DC by train twice in the next month and a half, it’d be a lot more convenient if there was food in the station.

11 Likes