Renovation at Historic Ideal Cleaning Co. & Lumsden Bros. Building

Lol I laughed at that to myself earlier. I’m assuming it’s gonna have insulation and stuff over it but who knows

1 Like

Construction photo

9 Likes

Wow that’s much bigger than I thought it was going to be! I love it!

1 Like

9 Likes

16 Likes

Checking out the renovation during lunch.

7 Likes

Another photo from the front this time…

10 Likes

Thanks @TedF I was wondering how this was getting on, & it looks great!!

1 Like

I love this concept I just wish they had added more than two floors!

2 Likes

This project gives me Hope TBH. Because even if they don’t want to build new buildings at least they can do something. Hopefully, if a few more places do this, along with the already new buildings Raleigh may stand a winning chance.

6 Likes

Current shot.

11 Likes

Wow, that is looking really and nice and dang won’t those upper floors have an awesome urban view!!

2 Likes

Grabbed some aerials of this block. I think this is going to be a nice touch to Hargett.

13 Likes

Lack of windows on the east side may indicate they are thinking of placing a new building on this parking lot sometime in the future. What do you think?

8 Likes

That seems the logical assumption.

1 Like

Love, love, love those giant terraces! I sure hope the occupancy of one or both of those spaces is public (restaurant, etc.).

2 Likes

That lot would be part of the Nexus tower development, yes.

The last site plan for the N&O site (on here somewhere I think) showed that as part of those plans.

1 Like

Renovation has been really slow for this project… finally putting some siding up.

5 Likes

Wow. Just ran by there last night and noticed some of the work being done finally. Also commented to my gf how slow this work has been. There’s windows in on the front now, but the ugly awnings are still there. Like, how did those not manage to come down yet?

1 Like