Show Off Things From Other Cities

Raleigh potential for that. With Park city, and HBCU towers rezoning, Vela and Zimmer.

Been there. Did it. Highly recommended.

Take a F subway train to the Roosevelt Island stop. Once exiting the subway, head south a few blocks to the tram terminal on the island, and swipe in. On the Manhattan side, it stops near Bloomingdale’s. Then, walk to Lexington Ave. There’s an IRT (4,5,6) station at 59th. Or, walk up to 63rd. There’s an IND (F,Q) station there.

2 Likes

A congested traffic circle in Pinehurst got a full Wall Street Journal deep dive

3 Likes

No such issue here in Pittsboro . Circle city with the O.G. Traffic circle around the courthouse

DT Pittsboro does benefit from the bypass, of which Pinehurst lacks.
But I do love the OG Courthouse Circle in P’boro.

White Bear in Flushing. Just do it.

White Bear

?

Hole in the wall awesome. Xi’an Foods is worth a snack as well !

1 Like

Winston-Salem

19 Likes

Winston Salem is a cool place. Check out Reynolda also.

8 Likes

It’s been a little bit since we’ve been out there. Had a lot of nice quick visits today, but are thinking of going out for a weekend trip again soon. So much more there than I remember.

3 Likes

Winston is great! Kind of think of it as Durham West. And easily the best day trip hiking from Raleigh is all exactly positioned for a good dinner and brewery stop there befor heading home.

As an ex-Brooklynite, I have to advertise for Radar. The founders of Brooklyn Brewery came back home and set up shop in an old NASCAR garage. Wonderful space and beers.

6 Likes

Sharing a project in Durham that I’ve been working on for 5 years. I know this crowd can be critical of 5-over-1’s, but I’m proud of this one!

Website is Www.livebeckon.com if you want to see more

23 Likes

+1 on that…Radar is really good…!

1 Like

One month later. Contouring seems to be done. Site cleaned up. Trees planted.

16 Likes

20 Likes

Wow. Cary looks enormous from this angle.

5 Likes

Yep, that’s the place. Did you try it???

No, we were never close to that area.
Had some awesome dim sum in China Town - soup dumplings, moo shu pork, egg drop soup, etc… forget the name of the place.

Honestly this trip wasn’t much different than a lot of trips I’ve had in the past to NYC, just with different people. Domino park in Williamsburg was pretty epic for sunset.

11 Likes

Ah man, you missed out.