Show Off Things From Other Cities

I was just there in March. Fell in love with Medellin. Such a lively city. Amazing bars. Amazing nightlife. Amazing restaurants

1 Like

A section of I-95 in Philadelphia has collapsed this morning due to a tanker truck fire. This should make for an interesting commute for the locals in the upcoming weeks.

_medium

6 Likes

It varies from different sides if the street, it was the next block over that had bike lanes

On my way back to Raleigh, took the Metro to Union Station.Didnt have much time to take pics as my Amtrak train was arriving soon. The trains were fairly clean and they were on time.

7 Likes

@John Durham doesn’t keep sidewalks open during construction either. :pensive:

7 Likes

Evergreen, CO:

11 Likes

aaand Denver, CO (as seen from Coors Field):

17 Likes

Spent the weekend with friends in Brooklyn and this is their rooftop.

31 Likes

Well that’s… absolutely insane :flushed:

After a weekend in DC, I thought the most relevant new development I found is the cluster of development around the Rhode Island Ave. Red Line stop and Catholic University. It has a more “industrial” area called the Edgewood Arts Center and Artswalk next to the railway lines, and then a cozier looking zone called Monroe Square Market closer to the college. It’s all super walkable and feels like it could work in Raleigh.

20 Likes

Given this is happening in Chapel Hill, dropping into this thread. If you didn’t get to see Wrexham at TST, here’s another chance and as I understand it their starters should be playing in this one.
https://twitter.com/wrexham_afc/status/1668287041065603073?s=46&t=5FBVSSmHoTNsUX_fzRbnnA

7 Likes

Wrexham’s neat, and Chelsea are bringing their squad of international superstars as well.

Watching Didier Drogba look like Superman against Club America in a friendly was one of my most fun sports memories.

2 Likes

Would love a tower like this one I recently visited in Tokyo:

It’s an entertainment tower with multiple levels of things to do like movie theater, games, food (izakayas), etc.

7 Likes

But then Raleigh wouldn’t be boring and we’d have to come up with a new slogan. Jury is out on this one for me. :smirk:

Katy Freeway in Houston, TX is one of the widest highways in the world. It was widened in 2008 to as many as 26 total lanes.

#goals

3 Likes

And as you can see, all those lanes have solved the traffic problem in Houston once and for all!

5 Likes

Once again, everything’s bigger in Texas.

2 Likes
5 Likes

I drove on this last week!

It was a horrible experience. As you might imagine, there was still awful traffic going both directions and this was 2 pm on a Tuesday. Not exactly rush hour.

The freeways in Houston make Atlanta look like a sleepy college town.

1 Like

Not sure if you’ve driven around Dallas before but here’s their ‘hold my beer’ response. They have this mindblowingly huge interchange called the ‘High Five Interchange’ where multiple interstates/highways all meet.

8 Likes