Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

Really surprised these are still opening in the Fall. Go Kane Go.

4 Likes

They have a lot to finish if a Fall opening is to believed. Then again, I suppose that they could open Dec. 20th and still technically be in Fall.

2 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Residential Demand in DTR

Anyone know if it was intentional or just coincidence that the number of apartments in Phase I (417) ended up being the exact same as the address for the building (417 W. Peace St.)? I just noticed this and now I’ve got to know.

2 Likes

And I think there are 383 in the next phase for an even 800.

29 Likes

To paraphrase Dr. Ian Malcom: “Must grow faster. Must grow faster!”

1 Like

Maybe I missed it in the thread, but has anyone heard what retailers will be joining Publix @ Smoky Hollow phase 2?

1 Like

I’ve looked at starting a business there. When I last talked with them they seemed pretty certain a brewery was going in, a gelato shop, a yoga studio, and some miscellaneous restaurant concept. They were also actively looking for a coffee shop to take one of the spaces.

5 Likes

that sounds nice. What kind of business were you look at starting?

A few more as the sides start to come to life, and there’s sidewalks and trim going in on the back.
(Zoom in for higher resolution)

29 Likes

Thanks for going out and getting these shots for us!!:+1:

9 Likes

Snapped this one on my walk to Publix this afternoon.

23 Likes

What did you think of Publix? I went today as well.

1 Like

I think that it’s fine. It’s nicer than the ones that I shop in MIami, but it’s similar enough in layout so that I can find what I’m looking for fairly easily. I will say that it’s larger than I expected it to be.
That said, I went to HT in CV in Saturday AM to pick up some chicken salad for a socially distance picnic at the art museum grounds, and the renovations of that store still put it head and shoulders above Publix. Then again, I can’t walk to HT in less than five minutes and easily roll my groceries home in one of these…

12 Likes

Switched from Wegmans to Publix. I really like the new Publix. Super clean and not crazy big. Easy in easy out

8 Likes

I agree. Their prices are a little higher than HT but nothing major. At least on the things I bought.

I’ve heard from a pretty reliable source that the commercial space in Smoky Hollow is only 5% leased and that is basically just Clancey and Theys. Apparently this low lease rate is the reason Kane has put the W Cabarrus project on hold for about two years at this point.

2 Likes

Probably about 15%. I know of three tenants moving in. They have one or two more with letters of intent. There’s 19 retail spots. They’re definitely behind in leasing that space tho, they told me Covid has made a lot of inquiries they had back off.

3 Likes

I live in Smoky Hollow. You know? I’m disgusted. There is a party almost every night from that new bar (right by the beer garden). Why does Raleigh try SOOO hard to be cool? Like turn it into a night club to generate revenue? Seriously, weekend II understand but it’s incessant. There has to be quality of life for the whole community, not just cater to the Glenwood bar culture (which attracts the entire triangle apparently) I don’t know, something seems wrong to me. They do attract a big crowd though it appears (I think they’re called Dogwood…I think they relocated). I wish they wouldn’t and go out of business, and I don’t usually wish that. There has to be a volume consideration now that people are living here. Honestly I find that trashy