Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

I edited my comment to make it clearer. I can see how you might have read it that way initially!

1 Like

Well adding ticket validation like they do in Los Angeles. I had to do that a lot plus in LA they have parking attendants that hawk out any non-shoppers.

1 Like

In Miami Beach, there are three Publix with garages. Two have free, non-ticket parking while the other one has a ticket station and a charge if you stay over 2 hours. The Trader Joe’s also has parking on top, and it’s free parking for 1 hour after validation from the cashier.
While the parking garage @ the North Hills’ HT is free, I suspect that this garage will get abused post covid, and some sort of system will be put in place to keep spaces open for shoppers, and to provide after hour paid parking for party goers on Glenwood South. I mean, if I owned that asset, I’d try to make money off of it.

2 Likes

Maybe an occasional wedding, art show or fashion show?
:grin:

Inside joke. Let’s keep 'em guessing.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this video has been posted already, but it really gives a sense of how involved the landscaping on this project will be.

14 Likes

Really surprised these are still opening in the Fall. Go Kane Go.

4 Likes

They have a lot to finish if a Fall opening is to believed. Then again, I suppose that they could open Dec. 20th and still technically be in Fall.

2 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Residential Demand in DTR

Anyone know if it was intentional or just coincidence that the number of apartments in Phase I (417) ended up being the exact same as the address for the building (417 W. Peace St.)? I just noticed this and now I’ve got to know.

2 Likes

And I think there are 383 in the next phase for an even 800.

29 Likes

To paraphrase Dr. Ian Malcom: “Must grow faster. Must grow faster!”

1 Like

Maybe I missed it in the thread, but has anyone heard what retailers will be joining Publix @ Smoky Hollow phase 2?

1 Like

I’ve looked at starting a business there. When I last talked with them they seemed pretty certain a brewery was going in, a gelato shop, a yoga studio, and some miscellaneous restaurant concept. They were also actively looking for a coffee shop to take one of the spaces.

5 Likes

that sounds nice. What kind of business were you look at starting?

A few more as the sides start to come to life, and there’s sidewalks and trim going in on the back.
(Zoom in for higher resolution)

29 Likes

Thanks for going out and getting these shots for us!!:+1:

9 Likes

Snapped this one on my walk to Publix this afternoon.

23 Likes

What did you think of Publix? I went today as well.

1 Like