Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

Are they painting the grey concrete deck… a lighter shade of grey??? HAHA I kid, I have to assume this is the primer base that the artist will paint their mural over!

4 Likes

The artist will paint it in 50 shades of grey.

8 Likes

13 Likes

Ooh, I’m starting to see it! It’s a parking deck?

1 Like

When does Zimmer starts consyr6

Wrong thread, but no movement on that project as far as I know.

1 Like

I know it won’t just be a white wall, but the white already blends in so much better than before.

27 Likes

Anything is better than just blank concrete hahahaha

5 Likes

Been watching these guys hand roll the primer on. Two guys have taken 4 days and they’re less than halfway there with priming lol. Wonder if there’s a reason why they’re not using a paint gun?

1 Like

Probably didn’t want to risk spraying any cars in the deck? I imagine they didn’t want to be liable for that.

9 Likes

Pros don’t normally spray except in some situations/circumstances. Overspray/liability is a big part of that. Consistency as well. Better finish, etc.

1 Like

Both Madre and Midwood Smokehouse have their plans printed inside their locations. Hopefully means construction on both will be underway soon :crossed_fingers:t3:

14 Likes

They should put them on the windows so we can see! :grin:

7 Likes

Madre’s is by the window, vision looks nice. I was gonna snap a pic and share, but reflections haha

1 Like

I guess Peace got tired of dogs peeing in their bushes so decided to just put in artificial grass here lol.

7 Likes

Really don’t know what else they expected by putting grass directly in front of the entry door.

1 Like

What happens when dogs pee on artificial grass?

It doesn’t die but still smells like something did ?

4 Likes

if they let you up on them you can get some or used to get some decent photos from parking decks in raleigh.

some years back.

11 Likes

There should be a sand and gravel underneath. We put it in our backyard and the dogs pee on it all the time with no significant odor. That will have many more dogs, but spraying it with water a few times a week should be more than enough.

2 Likes