Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

I’ll be interested to see how they fit two towers on that lot. I’m certain it is bigger than I think it is, but it isn’t huge by any stretch.

2 Likes

Maybe Phase 4? :wink:
:crossed_fingers:

Or maybe a base parking deck type thing with 2 smaller towers on top of it? Or Dylan is wrong. LOL

3 Likes

Well, if you go to Google maps and look at The Creamery site and compare it, phase 3 of SH is a larger parcel. Phase 3 is also larger than the 2 tower RUS Bus parcel. Both of those projects have dual towers.

18 Likes

Yeah although it’s smaller than other SmoHo phases (both over 3 acres), it’s still an enormous lot for downtown, at 2.38 acres. The Truist building sits on just 0.55 for example. RUSBUS is 1.76, and will include two towers and a transit hub.

The hypothetical SmoHo Phase 4 block is crazy huge at 6.5 acres - and could easily hold a half dozen towers by itself.

16 Likes

Where would phase 4 be if it comes true? Also does Kane own any of it already?

All except the NW corner shows up as wake county still

The NW corner is “CHAUCER INVESTMENTS 3111 GLENWOOD AVE”

Property description states “LO1 CAPITAL REDEV AREA BLC”

1 Like

That same building (I believe) has a Williams leasing sign on it. Same Williams as Kane’s partner in the other phases. I make the assumption they own that corner at least.

7 Likes

Unless I missed it the county hasn’t put it out for RFP yet. I don’t think Kane has any stake in the Wake County portion of the block although he puts in for every RFP in town so I’m sure he’ll bid.

2 Likes

There was architectural renderings on an easel in the Madre spot today. Hopefully that means construction will be starting here soon!

Also J. Lights & Milk Lab construction are moving at a nice pace so far.

13 Likes

ASR???
Ask Source Report?
As Sammy Reported?
Automated speech recognition???
:thinking:

Administrative Site Review.

Basically the plans for the city to review.

1 Like

Awesome Sushi Rolls!
:sushi:

3 Likes

Finally everyone. Peace is starting the “art exhibit” on the side of the parking deck facing Johnson St tomorrow.

23 Likes

The Creamery is gonna be taller than they said, and now this?! Man, downtown must be getting some good karma to balance out the trio of bad karma vehicle accidents last week or something… It’s about damn time for this, but I’m happy to see it finally happening. I had given up hope! Lol

15 Likes

There was an energy from each vehicle that came together like lightning from Back to the Future that hit the development Gods.

4 Likes

Started painting

21 Likes

Are they painting the grey concrete deck… a lighter shade of grey??? HAHA I kid, I have to assume this is the primer base that the artist will paint their mural over!

4 Likes

The artist will paint it in 50 shades of grey.

8 Likes

13 Likes

Ooh, I’m starting to see it! It’s a parking deck?

1 Like