Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

Looks like 4 remaining retail spots, with one of them soon to be occupied (?)

6 Likes

My only bummer is that literally none of these so far have actually been ā€œretailā€ - itā€™s all food, drink, or services (fitness, mostly, then beauty). Thereā€™s nowhere to actually ā€œshopā€ in Smoky Hollow besides Publix lol

11 Likes

Is that a photo of the site work at 615 Peace? :rofl:

4 Likes

What is going on with that crunkleton though? Announced it years ago and nothing has been done at all.

I had to read the fine print, but it says this will be from the owners of the Shiny Diner in Cary. Thatā€™s great news, Iā€™ve probably eaten there 200 times as a kid before hockey practice at the Cary Ice house. Letā€™s hope they mimic the interior and prices, and not the pricing structure of First Watch. Itā€™s annoying to get 1 egg and 1 sausage for $15.

17 Likes

I am all for more diner options downtown. Iā€™m sure that it will be busy if they do it right.
FWIW, I donā€™t find First Watch unreasonably expensive & I like their food.

11 Likes

Yep, those Peak City / Shiny Diner menus should work well - even if they add a % increase for those Kane/Hollow rent$ā€¦

2 Likes

that and hause of dog for very limited and specific items

Stillā€¦holdingā€¦outā€¦hopeā€¦forā€¦bodegaā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, going off that shiny diner menu itā€™s like $15 for a burger and fries after tax and tip, thatā€™s without a drink.

With Publix next door I donā€™t think your wish will be granted unfortunately

1 Like

yea iā€™m sure iā€™d be dead before that ever happens

what retailers would do you think would work there? hi-fi sales? running shoes?

A gun store, maybe an Army/Navy storeā€¦

2 Likes

Low budget flea market, plumbing supply, camera repair, the possibilities are endless

2 Likes

Any kinda Deco/Edge of Urge style ā€œkitchen sinkā€ gift shops make a killing in dense retail areas. Beyond that I could see any sort of home decor store or, as @largesevan suggests, a basic bodega/convenience store.

My draft pick? Iā€™m always a sucker for a book shop, new/used books and some records and I can spend an hour minimum browsing.

9 Likes

Yep.
A rebus works style shop would do great and almost be the bodega @largesevan is looking for. Did you know in rebus you can buy a latte, vinyl record, local ceramic mug, gift card, butternut squash, beer, and frozen tamales?

14 Likes

Thank God I can finally get a butternut squash to go with my beer. Thanks for the tip!
:grin:

4 Likes

View from inside Midwood Smokehouse

16 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: General Retail/Restaurant News