Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

I want to know if this building weighs as much as a duck before I determine if it is a witch or not.

7 Likes

I am pretty sure this is just the GNR committee formally recommending that this project move to a public hearing in July. Not an insignificant step considering the makeup of the committee.

2 Likes

WRAL has picked up on the vote tonight also, but there was a very interesting paragraph at the bottom:

ā€œWRAL received reports that Kane is also working on another project ā€“ a sports complex south of downtown. More details could be revealed next week during a scheduled presser with the North Carolina Football Club.ā€

Looks like it will be a Soccer complex with a scheduled press conference with NCFC

5 Likes

chuckles, Could be that WRAL is using this site as a news source. Seems their reporting quality has really gown down. If I did not know what they were talking about would almost think they where saying that the almost finished Peace street apartment complex was up for hearing on if it should be built or not.

2 Likes

So what happened today?

Says public comment on July 2nd. I donā€™t know this process at all, does that mean there could be a vote on July 2 or is there yet another meeting after public comment? The molasses is getting colder and colder. Geez.

Iā€™d assume it will be a separate meeting. We should all show up on the 2nd to share our comments. My comment is I would like it to be approved for 40 stories regardless of height and without money for affordable housing.

7 Likes

I may actually do just that. And, Iā€™m a kinda adjacent property owner.

1 Like

Supposedly, work is soon to begin on the Publix part of this project.

The layout may be like itā€™s newest stores just opened in Tampa that ā€œmarries its deli-forward urban model with a more traditional grocery store.ā€

7 Likes

Yea ITB insider posted an article about it yesterday saying they anticipate it opening in the Spring of 2020.

"The permits were actually applied for back in December 2018; no contractor was listed, but the estimated value was nearly $4 million. The layout of the Peace & West Publix may be a sort-of prototype that ā€œmarries its deli-forward urban model with a more traditional grocery store.ā€

1 Like

That sounds great to me! Iā€™d love for the Publix to be a new model because Iā€™m not terribly impressed with their standard stores.

Best part about Publix is you donā€™t need one of the VIC type shoppers card to eat their discounts.

2 Likes

Best part about Publix for us around here is its not Wal-Mart or Winn-Dixie. I will say that I frequent the Giant Johnsonā€™s a fair bit, they are close and have a hot line. But I can see Raleigh folks being spoiled by Harris-Teeters. We always loved them.

1 Like

Contractor may be selected by now. Contractors were bidding on this last month iirc. If anyone is that interested in the layout, I can post plans for the Publix tomorrow.

7 Likes

Yeah interested if not violating some agreement with them or Kane/Williams.

1 Like

i heard that Giant Johnsons always has a great meat selectionā€¦

3 Likes

Giant Johnsonsā€¦great meat selection

LOL LOL LOL

:sweat_smile::rofl::laughing::joy:

8 Likes

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Food Halls and Grocery Stores in downtown Raleigh

The phase 2 office building was issued a building permit yesterday. I canā€™t find the information for the apartments, but they should be close. The city is screwing around with the addresses for these buildings and the information keeps appearing and disappearing in their system.

5 Likes

I wouldnā€™t mind seeing the layout if you can post it.

1 Like